North Carolina (home) Dec. 3
Indiana (away) Dec. 10
Chattanooga (home) Dec. 17
Samford (home) Dec. 20
Loyola (home) Dec. 22
Lamar (home) Dec. 28
Louisville (home) Dec. 31
Ark-Little Rock (in Louisville) Jan. 3

Realistically speaking, there are only a few games that UK would even sniff a chance of losing:

1) Kansas - KU lost just as much from last year's team as we did, except they didn't bring in a #1 ranked recruiting class. Unless we have an off-night, UK should win. I would put the chance of a loss here at 30%.

2) St. John's - They are bringing in a very good recruiting class, but then they had to considering they lost 10 players off last year's team. At Rupp, all those freshmen won't be able to hang. Chance of a loss at 10%.

3) North Carolina - Obviously, this is by far the greatest threat to an undefeated nonconference schedule. This appears to be a tossup any way you look at it, so I'll say the chance of a loss sits at 50%.

4) Indiana - don't laugh, this could actually be a good one. Indiana adds another Zeller brother, as well as the return of an injured Maurice Creek, to a couple of other solid returnees. Plus this will be our first and only true road game prior to SEC play. Chance of a loss at 20%.

5) Louisville - The Cards do bring in a good recruiting class, but their top returnees (Kyle Kuric, Peyton Siva) don't exactly scare me. I have a hard time seeing UK lose this one at home. Chance of a loss 25%.

Completely agree! Out of all of these, this is the one I feel could actually be the sleeper game. UNC at home really works out in well but with Indiana making improvements every year the games in Bloominton may begin to get a little chippy. This still is not the type of team that a school like "Indiana" should have but it still will be a great test for the team. I think it will be close throughout but the cats will push it to about an 8 point win. (I am going to try my hardest to go to this game)

Agree with all of the other ones except I would probably put the Kansas percentage down even a little further (maybe around 20-25%). We are lucking out in the Champions Classic in getting Kansas this year. But like you said it is still Kansas!
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Messages In This Thread
2011 - 2012 UK Non-Conference Basketball Schedule is Out - by Scotty doesn't know - 07-22-2011, 11:08 AM