Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011 - 2012 UK Non-Conference Basketball Schedule is Out
More Cowbell Wrote:I have to agree with some of the others, there's no way I would ever say that the UNC game is one we "should not" win, even if you are talking about the media. I grant that the Heels will be everyone's preseason 31 team, and rightly so, but we will be the consensus #2. And I think when you look at a #1 vs. #2 where the game is on #2's home court, we may even be favored by the oddsmakers. At the very least, I think the media will be be fairly evenly split as to who they pick in this game. UNC's edge in experience will be canceled out by the home-court advantage, and it won't be considered an upset either way.

See the follow-up post that I had from last night. I didn't want it to sound like thought that UK will not win that game. Like I said in my newer post I expect them to win by about ten points since it is at home. BUT the media has to pick a particular team to be the "underdog" and seeing as though both of these teams are more than likely undefeated going into the game UNC will be #1 and UK will be #2. Each individual analyst will decide which team should win but it will go down as UK as the 1 or 2 point underdog with oddsmakers. Only more pressure on the team coming into Rupp Arena.

I would love to break down the game and create a thread to just discuss postion matchups and fanbase passion etc. but for all pratical purposes we will be the underdog in this game. In no way do I think that we "should lose" (from the first post) and that was a poor choice for a phrase on my part. All I wanted to convey was that we will not be favored even with it at home. The cats will roll in this game and it should be the most-hyped regular season game ever in Rupp Arena!

So don't get me wrong. I have more confidence than imaginable in this upcoming team. But the only game that we will not be looked at as the favored team will be this one. And that is fine by me when they leave and we are still undefeated! :rockon:
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Messages In This Thread
2011 - 2012 UK Non-Conference Basketball Schedule is Out - by Scotty doesn't know - 07-22-2011, 10:58 AM