Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best football program without a state title?
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Johnson Central never really did anything great in football until Musick came around. Since then they have been doing pretty well for themselves but to my knowledge they have only made the state Semi Finals one time.

As for the best programs to not win it all From my personal knowledge I would have to go with Prestonsburg, The team they had in 92 which included my older brother Larry Morris was crazy good I never got to see them in person that I can remember, but I have watched a whole lot of film from them and they were unbelieveably good. How they didn't win the championship is beyond me.

I would also have to put Paintsville in here too they have made the finals 2 times, but have never been able to get it done.

The 92 team ended Danville's 47 game win streak,at Danville,,P Burg has lost to more state champions than anyone else, I believe...not positive...PBurg is one of the oldest programs in the state also..would love to see them finally get one...
Paintsville back in the day was very good,,but way back in the day...
Messages In This Thread
Best football program without a state title? - by VikingFan - 04-28-2011, 07:48 PM
Best football program without a state title? - by Unregistered - 08-28-2011, 07:53 PM