Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does UK win the National Championship with Enes?
LClion4life Wrote:I agree that as Vargas's minutes went down, his quality of play went up. He started playing better defense and rebounding better.

I'm not sure I agree - his minutes went down beginning January 18. He was averaging double digit minutes up until then and then he was barely getting 5 minutes per game for the rest of the season. In the NCAA tournament, he contributed no minutes

Princeton - 3
West Va - 4
Ohio St - 1
UNC - 1
UConn - 7

The only game he played well from January 18th was the Florida game where he played 10 minutes and scored 2 points with 4 rebounds. In the previous 10 games to Florida, he only played 40 minutes with 3 points and 11 rebounds, hardly much contribution.

As for his defense, it was no coincidence that UConn went on a 10-0 run to take over the game in the first half when Vargas came into the game. He played like Ray Charles in the paint!

Bottom-line, he was the wrong guy to waste a scholarship with. He practiced against what we all want to think of as the best center in the nation, Kanter, and this kid could never improve? What was the problem, over-rated ability or poor job of scouting?
Messages In This Thread
Does UK win the National Championship with Enes? - by Stardust - 04-04-2011, 08:26 PM