Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th region rankings/predictions 2011/12 (its never too early)
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I am still not entirely sure as to how to decipher Shelby Valley's run to another region title. I am a little hesitant to go ahead and write them in as a region favorite, losing a couple seniors and still relying on so much youth in Belter, Richardson, Newsome, and Rowe. If I had to guess I would say Betsy Layne but I’m not for sure as to who they lose and who is coming up. Same goes for Johnson Central who loses a lot but at a school that size should simply just reload with talent. So I will make an attempt but I really would love to see how the discussions go as to what to expect in this region next year.
1) Betsy Layne
2) Johnson Central
3) Shelby Valley
4) East Ridge
5) Belfry
6) South Floyd

BL - Looses:
Nathan Martin, Dylan Maldanado, Derek Tacket, Casey Adkins & Tyler Recznik

JC - Lost:
Wade Skaggs, JK Hall, Cody Parker, Tanner Bratton, Tate Salyer, TJ Curtis & Nate Akers (1 more year away IMO, IF Hall stays)

SV - Lost:
Brett Reynols, Trey & Rusty Roberts & Jacob Robinson

Pikeville - Lost:
Noah Hamilton, Anthony Evans, Taylor Ratliff, Layne Cecil & Wes Rowe

SF - Lost:
Dakota Hall, Dakota Newsome, Kyle Bailey & Shannon Turner

Belfry - Lost:
Jordan Varney, Morgan Bently, Chris Altizer, Joey Pinson & Anthony Strother

That is a lot of kids from each team to lose.

I look for ER to make a push next season and I also look for SCHS (If Moore returns) and Paintsville to make some noise.

Paintsville lost Green (Hardest player in the Region to replace IMO though) and Caldwell. But also return:
Trevor Tiller (IMO he WILL be back), Timmy Sublett, David Slone, Matt Daniels, Seth Daniels (ALL started or played in EVERY game last season). I also look for Matt Ison, Colby Burchett, Colton Caldwell and possibly a couple more of the younger ones to contribute next season. And what also helps this bunch....They have started to get that "Tiger Pride" about them. Now, I'm NOT saying this bunch will win Region. HECK it's a WAR just to get out of the District! But, I do think they will be one of the toughest outs of either Tourney, which ever one it is.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Messages In This Thread
15th region rankings/predictions 2011/12 (its never too early) - by OffTheHook - 03-12-2011, 09:15 AM