Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011 7th & 8th Grade State Championship Favorites?
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:I guess your right...I should have started my boys out to where they can join the army as high school juniors....I'm sorry but the last time I checked, 12/ turning 13 is the CORRECT age for a 7th grader in the state of KY. If your kid is 14 in the 7th grade then that is on the parent for holding their kid back to make them look like a better athlete because they are older. They always look like a superstar in middle school, then the vast majority just blend in with the rest in high school because everyone else has caught up in ability. Teach them how to PLAY THE GAME and not to rely on the fact that they are older and more mature for a couple of years. And as for the beard...no offense but I'll believe the 4 people that were there I know.

First let me get this straight you are going off of hearsay according to the N.L. player having a beard. You are listening to parents of players complaining about an N.L. team who was actually undersized with the exception of one player(who still had no beard). Parents will always make up stories about players from the other teams. Many times this season I had heard Harlan Co. had numerous kids with beards and tattoos, yet when we finally played them they were just really big kids. As for the age discrepancies, I was unaware that there was a CORRECT age for upcoming seniors. I knew there was an age requirement, but I had never heard that it was only CORRECT if you child began their senior year at the age of 17. Bottom line there are rules and guidelines that everyone must follow. Some parents believe that it's better to do everything possible within these guidelines to better their child's future. And others will complain while those parents take advantage of the situation.
Messages In This Thread
2011 7th & 8th Grade State Championship Favorites? - by goBIGblue82 - 03-02-2011, 01:10 PM