Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disabled pitcher cut from high school baseball team
Crossbones Wrote:I understand about having a disability more than you or anyone on this board will ever know. So that plane just won't fly with me. The kid has talent, I never said he didn't. But there is alot more to the game than just throwing the ball. The article stated alot of kids went on to bigger and better things that played for the school. Which leads me to believe they have alot of talent at that school. I also agreed he could have played JV. The article never said if they had one or not. Every thing you said is all fine and dandy, but does not prove decrimination. I know about it all to well. You highlighted "outright intentional exclution". He was allowed to tryout, the other kids were better at every part of the game and better for the team. My point throughout all of this is simply the other kids were better than he was. I understand your disappointment for the youngman. But you and I seem to be repeating the same thing over and over. So I will agree to disagree and on that note, I am done with this.

I HIGHLY DOUBT THAT.

No..you keep leaving out one part.

The Coach's reason for cutting him.
Statement through the principal "unable to cover bunts"

Kids statement:
I never did that drill, I only threw.

"outright intentional exclution"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Messages In This Thread
Disabled pitcher cut from high school baseball team - by OffTheHook - 02-19-2011, 03:00 PM