Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disabled pitcher cut from high school baseball team
adopted purple Wrote:The kid could have at least played JV. Come on.

Absolutely he could have..never said he shouldn't have. I was simply making the arguement that if he couldn't play every aspect of the game, then why would you keep him over the ones that could. Just because he has a disability does not entitle him to a spot on the varsity team of which he was cut. Just like the other 23 or so. Same thing with JV, would you like to see your son or daughter cut from the team to open up a spot for him. The report never said if there were limits on how many were on the team. That's why I did not jump on the sue and sue big bandwagon. I read it and thought the coach did the right thing for the TEAM. I'm not against this kid at all. I hope the young man excels at everything he does in life and I'm sure he will. My mother only had one leg, but that didn't mean she was entitled to anymore than anyone else, and she knew that. If she couldn't do it, she moved on. Just saying.
Messages In This Thread
Disabled pitcher cut from high school baseball team - by Crossbones - 02-17-2011, 09:48 PM