Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disabled pitcher cut from high school baseball team
vundy33 Wrote:I agree, foxtrot. It's just life. If I was the coach, I would've found a spot on the JV though for sure. If the kid has the balls to stick his neck out there and is at least decent, which he is, I'd put him on the team for that reason.

But, like others have said, it's life. Hopefully he'll keep at it and bust it wide open next season or even transfer and get on a team this season. I wish the best for him.

This is one of my main points, at least JV. And as another poster said about being on ESPN...He WAS there because of his disability and ABILITY. There are tons of people out there with disabilities playing sports and ESPN isn't doing stories on them. I have seen a few on some college basketball players. I hope the kid transfers and faces this team. And I hope he fields every bunt and smokes them. Cause 16 year olds throwing in the 80s with a deuce for strikes aren't a dime a dozen.

I understand what you are saying though. If he isn't good enough...then cut. But, what has been shown and what I have read. I just don't see him NOT being good enough for at least JV.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Messages In This Thread
Disabled pitcher cut from high school baseball team - by OffTheHook - 02-16-2011, 08:35 AM