Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LC's Chandler Shepherd named All-American
I just have two things to say on this. As far as his speed time is concerned? Who cares? Their not going to have a stop watch on him walking from the dugout to the mound so it really makes no difference at all! As for everyone hitting .500 in Eastern Ky? It's a combination of reasons actually. 1. Most high school coaches in the area don't keep an accurate book. It has a lot to do with them not having staff to do it and they either get a kid to do it or a parent? Your just not going to get accurate stats that way. 2. Also it has to do with awards. When coaches go to region meetings and their around other coaches with more dominant players they are going to smudge the books to help their kids out, and that's just reality. Now, does anybody really know if a kid legitamely had those numbers? No, but most schools that go and play away from the area and have respectable Coaches with great backgrounds in baseball keep it right, and they are the ones that can't stand when coaches do things that. All I'm saying is when you see a phelps team with a 6-30 record with 5 players hitting over .500 something is dead wrong? Of course that'd never happen because phelps would never play 36 games? I have nothing against phelps they were just my example. I'm sure it's a great place?
Messages In This Thread
LC's Chandler Shepherd named All-American - by JackRabbitSlim - 02-01-2011, 11:57 PM