Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Laurel 68 Clay County 56 (Cumberland Falls Invitational)
rojas Wrote:Rick would have been in elementary school in 94. Yes this was Tony's senior year. Charles Thomas is the correct name. He played for the University of Minnesota. SC could have easily beaten Clay Co by much more than 20. Billy Hicks was very kind to Clay Co and Corbin. I disagree with your last sentence. If Hicks wanted to "rip Corbin a new one" he could have beaten them by 58 instead of 38. He went deep into his bench early and often. He played 3 freshmen most of the game.

I don't know if you remember the 94 regional tournament. Corbin was upset by Jackson Co in the first round in double OT. Jackson Co shot 38 free throws to Corbin's 1 free throw in regulation. In the finals Clay Co upset Harlan on a horrible over the back call in the last seconds.

You are correct, and in my saying on Hicks, he knows everyone knows he could have beaten any team in that tournament by as much as they wanted, I would think thats a better feeling than actually doing.
I was still in grade school in 94 as well. So i dont remember to much about it. My brother was in high school however and graduated the year after pietrowki did at Corbin. He was also part of the last team for whitley that beat corbin. In 95 they beat Corbin like a drum then lost to them in the tourney. Couldnt believe that one
Messages In This Thread
North Laurel 68 Clay County 56 (Cumberland Falls Invitational) - by RunItUpTheGut - 01-01-2011, 10:59 PM