Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Laurel 68 Clay County 56 (Cumberland Falls Invitational)
rojas Wrote:In the late 80s and early 90s the 13th was as good as any region in KY. In 1994 Corbin and Harlan both were ranked #1 in KY at different points in the year. Clay Co and Knox Central were also top 20. The 13th has been going down in quality for several years. However, I think this year is the weakest in decades. When one of your better teams gets blasted at home by 38 and it easily could have been 55 or 60 its not good. I really don't see any real talent at Bell Co, Corbin, or Clay Co this year. I think any of about 5 teams could win it.

94 was a good year for teams around here, but they come away with nothing.
Didnt Corbin have Pietrowski in 94? His senior year was a great year for Corbin. Rick Jones was still a little young then for Corbin to be playing i think.
i also remember Halan from that year and Charles Thomas? Not sure on the name. Something like that. That guy was a beast. He was fun to watch, but in the end they came away with nothing.

I agree with you that their have been some quality teams over the last 20 years but its dropped off a lot since Farmer was at Clay. But even though corbin got completely embarrassed, Clay only lost by 20. I know thats not saying much and i didnt see the game so Scott might have been able to beat them worse, but Corbin probably played one of their worst games ever against Scott Co. And i am in no way defending them, this could be the worst team theyve put on the court since before i was alive.
I also agree with you that this is the weakest year for the 13th in a very long time.

lol it also didnt help that Hicks loves to rip Corbin a new one.
Messages In This Thread
North Laurel 68 Clay County 56 (Cumberland Falls Invitational) - by RunItUpTheGut - 01-01-2011, 02:31 AM