Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Laurel 68 Clay County 56 (Cumberland Falls Invitational)
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Has there ever really been talent in the 13th region that matches most of the other regions?
When was the last time the 13th won a championship?
South was in the 12th when they won it. I think it was Clay in the late 80s.
Fact is, were never gonna be able to compete with lville and lex schools. What SV did last year was remarkable but there liable to go another100 years before winning it again.

The pure talent you speak of is few and far between in the 13th when it comes to matching bigger schools.

It's sad to say but true that most of these teams play for the region championship every year and thats it because they always know theyll get beat in the first round at rupp.

But the good news is that anybody in this region could win it literally.

In the late 80s and early 90s the 13th was as good as any region in KY. In 1994 Corbin and Harlan both were ranked #1 in KY at different points in the year. Clay Co and Knox Central were also top 20. The 13th has been going down in quality for several years. However, I think this year is the weakest in decades. When one of your better teams gets blasted at home by 38 and it easily could have been 55 or 60 its not good. I really don't see any real talent at Bell Co, Corbin, or Clay Co this year. I think any of about 5 teams could win it.
Messages In This Thread
North Laurel 68 Clay County 56 (Cumberland Falls Invitational) - by rojas - 12-31-2010, 06:29 PM