Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pulaski Co. All County Football Team
Great recognition for a lot of kids....but these guys (CJ Writers) do a horrible job doing it each year.

Seems like they try to work in as many kids as possible but many get picked due to name recognition and not actual performance. There are kids on this team that were not even the best on their own team at the positions that they made. There are at least two players that are good players but not great on either side of the ball, to see them just get plugged in so that they are on the team isn't fair to the other kids.

Glad to see Dylan Beshears (PC) get some love, this kid had a really good year but didn't seem to get the pub of some of the others on his team. Tevin Slaughter from SHS should have made it for D-line over one of the others, as he actually made tackles and was aggressive for the entire game each week.

I'll stop here because I do not want to bash any kid, it's just that this paper is very very strong PC/SW lean and some of the selections show that. FWIW I think that Tevin Slaughter should have made the team from SHS, but the rest of this post isn't sour grapes, it just me getting tired of the same thing year after year from Mr. Eads and Mr. Cornelius.
Messages In This Thread
Pulaski Co. All County Football Team - by Jumper Dad - 12-21-2010, 07:50 PM