Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bible Prophecy: "The War of Gog and Magog"
I wanted to post this because someone who has been following bible prophecy for a long time has pointed this out to me.

Ezekiel 38:8 Wrote:8) After many days you will be visited. In the latter years you will come into the land of those brought back from the sword and gathered from many people on the mountains of Israel, which had long been desolate; they were brought out of the nations, and now all of them dwell safely.

Before I say anything, I encourage EVERYONE to read the full chapter of Ezekiel 38 and even Ezekiel 36 and 37 to completely understand what is being talked about. Here's the link to Ezekiel 38: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?sea...rsion=NKJV

To my understanding of Ezekiel 38:8, it's talking about the remaking of Israel. It says "and gathered from many people on the mountains of Israel, which had long been desolate;" I know that Palestine (before Israel became a nation) was a place where very few people lived and there was very little vegetation. In other words, Palestine was barren. It goes on to say, "they were brought out of the nations, and now all of them dwell safely." I also know that the Jews were brought out of many nations and gathered in today's Israel.

Although, I have to say that I'm not sure what it could be referring to when it says, "the land of those brought back from the sword" But I do know that there have been many battles and wars that have took place in the Israel-area.

If Ezekiel 38:8 is talking about the remade Israel (which I personally think it is, because that's what the chapter refers to throughout Ezekiel 38), then notice what it says at the beginning. "In the latter years" I take all of this to mean that when the nation of Israel is remade, we will officially be in the latter years... But Israel was remade in 1948, about 62 years ago... If what I say is true, that means we've been in the "latter years" for 62 years! And that's why I'm constantly trying to encourage all of you that NOW is the time to become saved! Please examine yourself with the ten commandments:

1. You shall have no other gods before me
2. You shall not make for yourself an idol
3. You shall not make wrongful use of the name of your God (using God's name as a word to express filth)
4. Remember the Sabbath and keep it holy
5. Honor your father and mother
6. You shall not murder (includes hating someone, Matthew 5:21-22)
7. You shall not commit adultery (looking on someone with lust, Matthew 5:27-28)
8. You shall not steal
9. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor
10. You shall not covet.

If any of us broke one of those commandments, then we WILL go to **** unless we become saved! Jesus died to take our sins, but we have to accept his sacrifice. And then we have to repent and fully follow what god wants. And if the rapture does happen this generation, then those who aren't saved will be left behind and will have to go through a horrible time called the tribulation period. Please become saved soon!!

Although after saying all this about the rapture, I do want to point out that I could be wrong. God has shown great longsuffering by waiting for a little less than 2,000 years since he sent his son Jesus to die for us. Therefore, he could be willing to wait even longer (very possibly after our lives) before the rapture happens. So we should plan our future as if Jesus isn't coming in our lifetime (example: don't sell your house and give the money to the poor or anything like that), but keep in mind that the possibility is definitely there!
Messages In This Thread
Bible Prophecy: "The War of Gog and Magog" - by Deathstar 80 - 12-07-2010, 04:34 PM