Poll: Who wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Bowling Green
50.00%
Christian County
50.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bowling Green @ Christian County 11/12
DragonFire Wrote:No offense, but do you suppose that Bowling Green keeps having bad games against Warren Central because the Dragons make them have those bad games? A lot of people called it a fluke last year, but I wonder if it's kinda like the way Grayson County gives Warren Central problems. Some teams and schemes just match up better against others. Bowling Green seems to have a real tough time defending the Wing-T.

Offensively, Bowling Green has always had a problem, at least in most years. What you saw against Madisonville is no different than what you usually see. The defense gets stops and gives the offense a short field, or else the defense forces a turnover to either score or make the field incredibly short. The Purples offense is always good enough to destroy mediocre teams from anywhere on the field, but against very good teams it is the defense and special teams that sets the bar, and the offense does enough once it is given those opportunities.

The adjustment Bowling Green will make should they meet Warren Central next week (which quite frankly is not a lock on either side), is I think they'll throw more. I don't think the running game is going to do a whole heck of a lot better than what they did last time. Rushing D is what the Dragons do best, and I think the Purples had somewhere around 15 yards combined from players that weren't Scooter Hollis.

I couldn't agree more Dragonfire. That dang wing T gives us fits. I do however think BG had the worst 4th quarter ever. I think they thought they had it won and made some mistakes and even a great defense like ours couldn't stop the Dragons once they smelled blood. Here is Centrals problem as I see it. Bowling Green is going to figure out how to play against that Wing T sooner or later and did for three quarters. Plus, Hollis is passing better every game to kids that can catch it. I hope both teams win tonight because man it will be a war next week. If we lose and you win, I will certainly be pulling for the Dragons the rest of the way. It's great to be talking about both of these teams this deep in the season. Rogers has to be one of the favorites for coach of the year. He has revived that program.
Messages In This Thread
Bowling Green @ Christian County 11/12 - by Tica - 11-06-2010, 08:58 PM
Bowling Green @ Christian County 11/12 - by MVP2 - 11-07-2010, 07:50 PM
Bowling Green @ Christian County 11/12 - by Dungy - 11-11-2010, 08:12 PM
Bowling Green @ Christian County 11/12 - by adopted purple - 11-12-2010, 02:41 PM