Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Williamsburg 44 Raceland 8 {STATE CHAMPIONSHIP}
Ram-Fan Wrote:Once again I say Congrats to Williamsburg for their win, and after somebody else posts something about them winning, I will post again, GREAT JOB WILLIAMSBURG!
No matter how many kids were selected, no matter how many kids were injured, no matter how many teams won or lost-WILLIAMSBURG ARE THE 2010 DIVISION 3 STATE CHAMPS!
CONGRATS TO THE YELLOWJACKETS ON A GREAT GAME!
They have a great bunch of kids and played hands down better than the RAMS on Sunday for the Championship.

I don't think anyone is saying anything negative about Raceland. We have just been the underdogs for so long we are still a little sensitive about being overlooked on the all star team. Again, this is just a natural bias by the voters. Corbin only had one player on the 7th grade team last year, but after winning the title last year they came back with several players on this years team. The voters vote for who they have heard of. I'm sure if we have a good team we will get votes next year, but that will be too late for the 8th graders. According to posters on this site we were supposed to lose every game. Jackson Co was so upset about losing to us they refused to concede and put in their 2nd string when we led 42-8 after 3rd quarter. They played their starters against our 2nd string and then get on here and brag about how many tackles they had and this big comeback they made. All we get are excuses about why they lost and never once admitting they lost to a better team. The same can be said about almost every other team we played. Everyone either says they overlooked us and didn't play their "A" game or so and so was hurt or whatever excuse they want to make. Bottom line is we were the best D3 team this year regardless of any excuse and it's time everyone wake up and realize it. Sorry for getting on my soapbox this morning.
Messages In This Thread
Williamsburg 44 Raceland 8 {STATE CHAMPIONSHIP} - by Newjacket - 11-06-2010, 08:33 AM