Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bible Prophecy: "The War of Gog and Magog"
nky Wrote:"It's the end of the world as we know it.
It's the end of the world as we know it.
It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine."

" It's deja vu all over again" wasn't the end coming 10 years ago?or was is that 2 years from now?
Jesus said you'd say that Big Grin
Bob Seger Wrote:Wasn't trying to dispute it because I have no idea. It was the word "proved" that caught my attention. I dont always have the utmost confidence in everything that "human" scientists state as fact. I can see, "scientists are of the opinion that" or something along that line, but how many times do you see something come up that starts out, "what scientists have long thought was........"? Man is not perfect. I'm just not sold that "proved" is the best choice of wording. That's just my opinion, as I have no proof of anything either way. All I know is, the very first words of the Bible start with "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth". I dont see anything that pinpoints a definitive date that this occured. So it could be 4.5 billion years, but it is just my opinion that I doubt that anyone else really concretely knows. Again,this is all just my personal opinion. Obviously not everyone shares the same, and that is certainly their prerogative.

I am assuming that RV is stating the perceived age of the earth as a disclaimer that God truely exists. Not sure how that plays into it though. The one question I do ask is that if God has never existed, where did the earth, and all things come from? Who gave the breath of life? It came from somewhere. That seems to be the thing that there is never an answer for.

Which came first, the chicken or the egg basically, savvy. Big Grin
I don't how old the Earth is and am not going to speculate on it. Scientist say 4billion+ and creationist think I believe 6k+. But however old it is, I believe God made everything and created our planet in 6 days. Six days to God, could be millions of years or it might not be, who knows. I love God, try to do the right thing, and treat everybody as if they were my own brother or sister. The age of the universe don't matter to me and won't change my beliefs.
Messages In This Thread
Bible Prophecy: "The War of Gog and Magog" - by Aslan - 10-28-2010, 08:26 PM