Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bible Prophecy: "The War of Gog and Magog"
Hoot Gibson Wrote:It's within a few percent of what RV said. Nobody can nail it down any more precisely. Generally, when somebody demands proof of a claim, they have reason to believe that what has been claimed is incorrect.

4.5 to 4.6 billion years is the generally accepted age of the earth and scientists have used more than one method to reach that same conclusion. Of course, Creationists have a different opinion and choose to ignore the physical evidence that God has left us to study.

Wasn't trying to dispute it because I have no idea. It was the word "proved" that caught my attention. I dont always have the utmost confidence in everything that "human" scientists state as fact. I can see, "scientists are of the opinion that" or something along that line, but how many times do you see something come up that starts out, "what scientists have long thought was........"? Man is not perfect. I'm just not sold that "proved" is the best choice of wording. That's just my opinion, as I have no proof of anything either way. All I know is, the very first words of the Bible start with "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth". I dont see anything that pinpoints a definitive date that this occured. So it could be 4.5 billion years, but it is just my opinion that I doubt that anyone else really concretely knows. Again,this is all just my personal opinion. Obviously not everyone shares the same, and that is certainly their prerogative.

I am assuming that RV is stating the perceived age of the earth as a disclaimer that God truely exists. Not sure how that plays into it though. The one question I do ask is that if God has never existed, where did the earth, and all things come from? Who gave the breath of life? It came from somewhere. That seems to be the thing that there is never an answer for.
Messages In This Thread
Bible Prophecy: "The War of Gog and Magog" - by Bob Seger - 10-28-2010, 06:43 PM