Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top players in the 14th region this coming season
Bigdaddy1 Wrote:Would definitly add Austin Johnson, been starting at Hazard since 8th grade, +85 fastball, great hands and range at shortstop, very smart player, probably the fastest kid on the list, 14 Region Tournament team last year as a frosh, should be near the top of the list. Evan Whitaker, now also at Hazard, very smooth, also pushing mid 80 fastball, great breaking ball and offspeed, started putting a knuckle ball over the plate for strikes late summer. Both are very solid at the plate with power.

I also love the Hubbard kid at Leslie, hands down the best defensive catcher in the 14th. Streaky hitter.

Pitchers...Although he had a great team behind, Connor Hurt at PCC was 10-0 last year before loosing at Applebee's in the State Tournament.

Just my thoughts, I havent seen some of the kids on the list play but looks like a great list.

I can assure you that neither one of these kids throws in the 80's. There might be 3 pitchers in the region that actually do. Don't get me wrong they are excellent players and will help Hazard out this year but you might be pushing it a bit.