Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Apple Bowl: Paintsville and Johnson Central (A lost tradition)
Youngerthandirt Wrote:I'm as big a Paintsville Fan as anyone, but I believe we showed our butts when we cancelled the game. You can argue all you want that is was because "they" don't play our elementary teams, but the real reason was simple......we were getting our butts handed to us on a silver plate every year and it didn't taste good. The elementary games were nothing more than an excuse.........

Now to the Apple Bowl..........I agree that a doubleheader would be bad for JCHS financially, they would be on the losing end of a split gate. My plan would be to host a JCHS game at 6:00 PM on their field, and then PHS play at 8:00 PM on their field. The following year year switch the times, PHS plays at 6:00 PM, JCHS at 8:00 PM. If the teams play the local teams can't get here until 6:30 or 7:00, move back the start time, bith schools are out the next day, or play on Friday night. You have a lot of visitors in town, take advantage of them. Get their butts in the seats at one school or another, and some people would attend both games. Fans get a game on Apple Day Week, the crowds would be larger than normal, everybody wins. I know that this plan is too simple for the administrators at each school to understand, but think about it........we have football at Apple Day, it's a win win situation.
:Thumbs: I think you have outlined a great plan. Let each team take advantage of the Apple Day crowd at their own stadium at a time that will not conflict with each other's game. Parking might be tough at Paintsville, but maybe they could run a shuttle bus from Johnson Central if they could schedule the games such that people could attend both games if they wanted.
Messages In This Thread
The Apple Bowl: Paintsville and Johnson Central (A lost tradition) - by Hoot Gibson - 10-07-2010, 06:23 PM