Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Apple Bowl: Paintsville and Johnson Central (A lost tradition)
Pulp Fiction Wrote:It's spelled Gamble.
Does it really matter, you and everyone else knew who I was talkin bout.

MonsterMan Wrote:It is three days after Apple Day and the old timers are still dreaming about playing out thier childhood with the Apple Bowl! The old rivalry will never die. It is this simple guys, nothing in it for JC on any level, and contrary to what you hear Paintsville needs the money. Arguing over a 6 grade game is really sad. If the JC county program was going to play other schools, i would rather play the Ashlands, Bell and Boyle feeder elementaries. Playing Paintsville does nothing for our program on any level. We are a bigger school, with more kids and talent and more money so why play down at any level.

Who's dreamin about anything, I could care less if they resumed the game or not. Your coach is the one callin Paintsville wantin the game to be resurrected. And as far as money goes, you don't have a clue. If we were in so bad of shape for money, we wouldn't have put new bermuda down again, put the crumb rubber in the field, got new Riddell Revo Speed helmets, Schutt DNA helmets, new shoulder pads, new white nike uni's that have the stitched on numbers, new PA system, new press box, new ticket booth, etc etc....
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
Messages In This Thread
The Apple Bowl: Paintsville and Johnson Central (A lost tradition) - by Redneck - 10-06-2010, 08:20 AM