Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Apple Bowl: Paintsville and Johnson Central (A lost tradition)
Bob Seger Wrote:He did indeed, only Chat was a 6th grader rather than an 8th grader at the time. I know what you meant though. Actually Hans was used very sparingly at Oil Springs. That was also the time that Justin Borders was in the backfield at QB. Hans did come into his own when he got to he middle school however. He was quite small while at OS.
You're right, of course. I meant that Chat was a 6th grader. Hans was tiny as a 5th grader, like you said. I remembered that they had another kid that could run in the backfield but I had forgotten his name. Flat Gap should have won the county title that year but they constantly lined up out of position to contain Oil Springs's swee[s and once Yates got behind the linebackers, there was no catching him.

Yates and Griffith could have made a good tandem for JC if Matney had taken the job when it was offered earlier. As I recalled, Yates transferred to Prestonsburg to play after things began unraveling at JC.
Messages In This Thread
The Apple Bowl: Paintsville and Johnson Central (A lost tradition) - by Hoot Gibson - 10-03-2010, 10:56 PM