Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Apple Bowl: Paintsville and Johnson Central (A lost tradition)
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Paintsvile High school and JCHS both have about the same percentage of children below the poverty line. That is no excuse and really central does not need an excuse. Two of the three best school systems in the mountians are in Johnson County. We should be happy with that.
Sorry for mixing up my posts. The one you responded to said nothing about transportation issues that country football players face.

However, if you are interested in more information regarding the effect poverty has on student test scores, Paintsville's School Improvement Plan that it filed with the state contains numbers showing the impact at the high school. I did not look for a similar document for JCHS, as my point was that teaching a lower percentage of poor students makes it much easier for Paintsville to achieve high average test scores than for Johnson Central's students to achieve the same average scores. If you look at the links that I posted and look up the numbers in Paintsville's improvement plan, I think that you will agree that Johnson Central will probably never be able to achieve the same average test scores as Paintsville does because of differences in demographics.
Messages In This Thread
The Apple Bowl: Paintsville and Johnson Central (A lost tradition) - by Hoot Gibson - 10-03-2010, 10:25 PM