Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Apple Bowl: Paintsville and Johnson Central (A lost tradition)
Bob Seger Wrote:DreamLand???? Perhaps you would like to talk about the last competetive team that Paintsville has had. The 2006 regional runner up team's starters from the county system was comprised of Kyle Sublett, Wes Ward, Hans Dodderer, Adam Cummins, and the Blevins kid. And there is one more that I am forgetting. Thats the entire backfield (minus Pugh) and 2 thirds of the linebacker corps that came from Johnson Central. That's over one half of the starting lineup if my math is correct. There were enough of those players from the county system that you could have called that team Johnson Central East. If Matney would have been at JC when they made the move, there would not have been one single kid transfer.. How good would Paintsville had been without any of those kids? Other than Pugh, those were Paintsville's studs.

Thats ONE team, dang buddy, you all act like and try to make it sound like the only reason ANY Paintsville team has had any success in the past is because kids from JC transferred over and played. ONE TEAM, WOW, I bet it didn't take ya long to research that. Hans played at Paintsville all thru grade school, so you can't really say that he came from the county. Played for the city in Elem, played for the county in middle school, played for the city in high school. When did Adam Cummings ever attend the county school system, I know he lived in Cross Creek, but when did he ever attend a county school. Matt Blevins went to Paintsville because his older brother played at Paintsville, can't fault the kid for that. He wouldn't have even played at JC had he stayed, and that had nothing to do with coaching, I would know, he's my first cousin.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
Messages In This Thread
The Apple Bowl: Paintsville and Johnson Central (A lost tradition) - by Redneck - 10-03-2010, 10:45 AM