Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Apple Bowl: Paintsville and Johnson Central (A lost tradition)
Redneck Wrote::zzz: You are in dream land dude, just go back to sleep. Not much has changed since Matney took over at JC other than he has the numbers up and is blessed with alot of talent. And since you keep bringin up transfers and out of district players, lets talk about JC. I'm not gonna deny that Paintsville has had some ROLE players that transferred over, but what about JC and the STAR players they have had and still have who transferred in since Matney took over. Let's think about it, Blake Johnson was a transfer, was a STAR LB and FB, Nathaniel Dials was a STAR on the JC defense, DJ Ousley (who lives in Pburg, I'm sure Pburg wishes he woulda stayed at home and played) is a STAR on JC's defense, JJ Jude is THE STAR on JC's offense and plays defense.

DreamLand???? Perhaps you would like to talk about the last competetive team that Paintsville has had. The 2006 regional runner up team's starters from the county system was comprised of Kyle Sublett, Wes Ward, Hans Dodderer, Adam Cummins, and the Blevins kid. And there is one more that I am forgetting. Thats the entire backfield (minus Pugh) and 2 thirds of the linebacker corps that came from Johnson Central. That's over one half of the starting lineup if my math is correct. There were enough of those players from the county system that you could have called that team Johnson Central East. If Matney would have been at JC when they made the move, there would not have been one single kid transfer.. How good would Paintsville had been without any of those kids? Other than Pugh, those were Paintsville's studs.
Messages In This Thread
The Apple Bowl: Paintsville and Johnson Central (A lost tradition) - by Bob Seger - 10-02-2010, 10:22 AM