Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Apple Bowl: Paintsville and Johnson Central (A lost tradition)
MonsterMan Wrote:The Paintsville Little League was nothing more than a feeder system for Paintsville School system. They would recruit enough county players to cover and complement the city kids. The first thing Matney did was keep the county kids at home. This helped the county program and destroyed the Paintsville Football program. Setting up our own league was the best thing that happened. Keep our kids in our feeder program. I can see why you wish for the days when Paintsville cherry picked our kids.

This thread is about the Apple Bowl. These comments really show that this was not an atheltic event, this was an event for the two sides to continue fighting.
Maybe the old die hard fans will slide away into the past and we can get on with what really matters.

As I said earlier schools are in hunt for teir district games now and it would be hard if not impossiable to schedule other teams.
MM relax and take a deep breath.It's going to be ok. Think:Matney/Football-Little League/Baseball,Fall/Spring. Four years ago Little League was the only youth baseball for kids to play. Now I know Coach Matney would not want the kids who would never play F-ball to stay home rather than play in that old city Little League. Now there is CR. I suppose the ending of cherry picking central Football ???!!! I know the LL numbers are going back up gradually. I suppose that in a few years we can expect a decent football team a P-ville. THIS OF COURCE WOULD BE AFTER THE TREES HAVE BEEN PICKED>
Messages In This Thread
The Apple Bowl: Paintsville and Johnson Central (A lost tradition) - by mr.charlie hustle - 09-29-2010, 09:08 AM