Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Apple Bowl: Paintsville and Johnson Central (A lost tradition)
Whoever made the decision to cancel the Apple Bowl, I would like to personally thank them. When Matney was first hired, I though that Paintsville would be lucky to win 1 in 10 Apple Bowls, but I apparently underestimated his ability. I am glad that the annual match-up was canceled and as for the all-time record between the schools, I could not care less. Let Paintsville's alumni long for the good old days all they want, as long as Johnson Central maintains a football befitting a 5A school nobody should want to see the Apple Bowl resurrected. - least of all JC.

Barring another huge hiring blunder by Johnson Central's administration after Matney retires (it has happened repeatedly in the past), Paintsville should never be competitive with Johnson Central again - but history does have a way of repeating itself. I don't want to see JC or Paintsville play each other when they could be competing with teams closer to their own level instead.
Messages In This Thread
The Apple Bowl: Paintsville and Johnson Central (A lost tradition) - by Hoot Gibson - 09-28-2010, 05:06 PM