Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Apple Bowl: Paintsville and Johnson Central (A lost tradition)
MonsterMan Wrote:The JC system can play within and support itself and has gas money to travel. Like and earlier poster stated, Paintsville only wants to play when it feels it can win and that is not very often in any sport now. Our kids do not see beating Paintsville as anything special now. From the post I am reading, beating JC is a priority for the Paintsville kids. We have moved on and setting our sights higher.

This was about the Apple Bowl and Apple Week. Most teams now are in the hunt for their distircts so playing othter outside teams is out. Lets take a week off and go to The Apple Festival and get ready for theTomcats.

See, MM, This is what I'm talking about. I know BOTH systems travel outside the county. All I was saying is that it would be financial benifit for ALL. I didn't have a snide comment like "that is not very often in any sport now.". Your WHOLE statement is filled with arrogance, (play within, money to travel, and so on and so on), which is exactly what I was talking about with the adults.
These kids want to play against their friends win or loose. Heck I don't even have a kid in grade school. I support EVERY kid in this county. Just ask any of them. I know a young lady that plays basketball for CES and she was sooo excited that they had Paintsville on there schedule and was going to get to play there and play against some of her friends from softball. Well needless to say, she was pretty heart broken when the games were canceled.
You see, it's the adults that think they are messin with one another. When it is really the kids that are being messed with emotionally. From Seniors all the way down to 3rd or 4th grade.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Messages In This Thread
The Apple Bowl: Paintsville and Johnson Central (A lost tradition) - by OffTheHook - 09-28-2010, 04:48 PM