Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Apple Bowl: Paintsville and Johnson Central (A lost tradition)
Eagle84 Wrote:TIGERTIME: You should be better known as “Alice and Wander Land” The demise of the Apple Bowl started when Johnson Central hired Coach Matney.
So let me get this right, Paintsville would play the Apple Bowl if the county grade school teams would play your grade school team. How does one relate to the other? In the past 5 years how many times has Paintsville 7&8 grade team refused to play Johnson Central Middle School team even though this game was schedule through the conference?
Did you not see the score of the Pineville game last week (62-6)? The problems with Paintsville football program is not having a running clock put on you in the Apple Bowl by Johnson Central but the people in charge of the program at Paintsville. From the administration down through your elementary, middle school and high school football coaches. At this point in time all Johnson Central Football Program gets out of the Apple Bowl would be having a game your could rest our starter before we start district and the economic reward of the game.
The most dominate area for Paintsville in the Apple Bowl was 1975 and 1982 however, Johnson Central did not blame Paintsville for the losses and we continue to play the apple Bowl.
At this time I think it is fair to say unless Paintsville’s administration, coaches and fans take the responsibility for the actions (not projecting blame ) and make the necessary changes to the football program TIGERTIME is over.

I knew I would get a rise out of an administrator or family member of an administrator. I love this site!! They don't play the middle school for that very reason. Don't play the elementary you will never get another middle school game. You put Matney on some pedestal whgen the truth is half of the administrators want him out. That's classic Johnson county. Don't worry your footbll program will fall again, just give it time. You guys always cut your own throats.
Messages In This Thread
The Apple Bowl: Paintsville and Johnson Central (A lost tradition) - by TIGERTIME - 09-28-2010, 01:33 PM