Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Apple Bowl: Paintsville and Johnson Central (A lost tradition)
Don Carlo Wrote:Huge advantage in resources and facilities? JC didn't even have a field until the 1975 or 1976 season and how do you know anything about the series? You go on and on and have for years acting like your a JC know it all when the truth is you didn't even go to the two schools did you? So what makes you an expert on the two schools history? You've probably sent your kids to Paintsville but that don't make you an expert on the old Apple Bowl series.If you think that the apple bowl only mattered to Paintsville for one year in the entire series your crazy. Both schools wanted to win and if you actually played in the series you would know that.

Whoa...what did I say to set you off ?? If it's the bold faced words, I'll take it back for 1974 and 1975 (first 2 years of Apple Bowl).

I'm no expert on the series, but I did grow up about 13 miles from it and have always been a football fan.

Go back and re-read what I wrote. I never made the claim "...the apple bowl only mattered to Paintsville for one year in the entire series...". What I said was, there was only ONE year in which Paintsville approached beating Central "as bad as they wanted". And that was in reply to GOLDFISH's memory of Paintsville dominance. That's all. If anything, I'd say Paintsville took the series more to heart than Central at the beginning. Why ? Because Central won the 1st game of the series in a HUGE upset !!

Relax, my friend...I'm NOT anti-Central (not since they've fixed they've righted their football program, anyway).

:please:
Messages In This Thread
The Apple Bowl: Paintsville and Johnson Central (A lost tradition) - by oneijoe - 09-28-2010, 12:16 PM