Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Apple Bowl: Paintsville and Johnson Central (A lost tradition)
Pulp Fiction Wrote:And here is something I didn't mention in my original post.... The Apple Bowl was a HUGE money making event for both schools. It's my understanding that both schools spilt the gate, but the home team got to keep the money from the concession stand, which to me, is fair. I drive by Paintsville's football stadium all the time, and I don't want to knock them, but their stadium and complex could really use some upgrades. New stadium lights, public address system (or I know the last game I was at, theyy needed a new PA system), entrance gates....

Hopefully JC can get something set up with Sheldon Clark and Prestonsburg. Have a home game on Apple Day Thursday OR Friday night between one of the two every year and travel to the other school some time during the season.
Examples.... and these are only an examples
2011 - 10-1 JC vs. Sheldon Clark
2011 - date? JC @ Prestonsburg
2012 - 10-2 JC vs. Prestonsburg
2012 - date? JC @ Sheldon Clark
and so on...........................................
Well ,ugh you might want to drive by the field and take a fresh gander. Many of the changes you have suggested have been made. Call the school and ask for a PA demo. It's too much for me. I realize it's been 2-3 years since you were there (operationally) and this of cource is not the Superdome. But then of cource you don't need much when you only have a couple bus loads of fans and your student pop.is so limited. You know I really think that the Bluebirds would rather play the Eagles than the Tigers irreguardless of facilities. Why? Cause the Eagles are in the road to another title. I am not sure that many outside "The Eagle Football Program" feel the same. I guess the overall record in the series is a hard pill to swollow in lieu of the Program turn. I want to send my best out to the Eagle football team especially the defensive secondary and hope everyone looks west for that final game. Go Eagles:Clap:
Messages In This Thread
The Apple Bowl: Paintsville and Johnson Central (A lost tradition) - by mr.charlie hustle - 09-28-2010, 07:37 AM