Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield VS Newport Central Catholic Class A State Championship Game
This could be a classic . . . .

Mayfield is a power running team (against Bardstown 63 run plays for 363, 2 for 4 passing for 20 yards). They are also QUICK on defense--and really seem to hammer the LOS.

I have a little past experience with Mayfield. NCC needs to be prepared for a completely different type of football than what they are used to seeing. Hatchell is a great addition for Mayfield at MLB/FB. Blake Rust is also pretty solid running the ball. Tristan Dumas is another name that has been around there for a while (he played against us as a freshman in the 2002 state championship when they finished 15-0).

Personally, I was surprised that they were able to keep Bardstown to 21 points.

The good news is that this game was a lot closer than the final score indicated. And--I wonder how Mayfield will do against a good passing team like NCC. Mayfield has also played an extremely tough early season schedule (where they lost a couple).

Too early to call at this point--but I am a little nervous for NCC (purely because I have spent time on Mayfield the last 3 years--early on because they were our projected opponent the last few seasons).
Messages In This Thread
Mayfield VS Newport Central Catholic Class A State Championship Game - by KentuckyHillBilly5321 - 11-26-2005, 12:06 AM