Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2010 Prestonsburg "Food City" "Summer Slam"
basketball fan2010 Wrote:i think it is a shame that prestonsburg or allen central didn't have the decency to invite piarists school to play in either tourney considering they are only a few miles from either school to me that is a shame maybe they felt it could be a little competion it's ok though we will play in the county shame on you p-burg and allen central

I do not know the source of your information but it is WRONG!

During the February - March time frame, scheduling for the upcoming season is done in earnest. It is during that time that Allen Central sends out a reminder via email about the pre-season tournament to all coaches, ADs, and Principals stating when the preseason tourney / referee clinic will be held and they are asked to respond if they are interested in participating (at the same time, they are asked to confirm the dates for regular season matches). Remember, there is no entrance fee for this tournament so there are always plenty of respondents. 14 schools showed interest and one school dropped out a week before the scheduled date. If they did not respond it is believed that they do not want to participate, then they are not included in the preseason tourney. Another school, out of county and region, asked if they could participate five days prior and they were accommodated. The regular season dates with Piarist were confirmed and adjusted as needed (Piarist does not have air conditioning) which indicates to me that Piarist received the invitation via email. Fact is if Piarist wanted to be in it, they would have been.

On a side note, I was dismayed to see several Piarist players cheering against Allen Central in every game they played at the Food City Tourney, which includes teams outside of the county. Conference rivalry is a good thing but Allen Central players are strongly encouraged to cheer for in-county/in-district teams when playing teams outside the district.

There is some serious misinformation being given to you and your players. Good luck in your season. Smile
Messages In This Thread
2010 Prestonsburg "Food City" "Summer Slam" - by Joe Friday - 08-15-2010, 04:34 PM