Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phelps 2010-2011 season
Commanche Wrote:Good Post! If the kids will commit to playing summer and fall and someone will take the time to give them the opportunity to play, they could have a chance. I am afraid that wont happen. Look at Lawrence and Johnson Cental, they play a summer schedule. Paintsville kids play legion ball. Pikeville and Belfry kids play travel ball in the summer, with Pikeville kids who had 6 playing fall baseball. No wonder those teams are always competitive the coaches and parents give them opportunities not afforded to all schools. SC has Mike Hall who does a trememdous job with them. No wonder the same teams are at the top year in and year out.

I agree with you 100% on this post.... The thing is, not only do the kids have to have a coach that dedicates himself to their program, they have to dedicate themeselves to WANTING to get better. Go out and find themselves a team to play summer and fall ball on.... Practice through the off months, work to improve yourself and SHOW that you are interested in being the best. My son used to play baseball through the Phelps LL program when he was smaller and they were a very competitive team back then. Phelps actually has a LOT of talent that should be coming back next year as well as some newbie's movin up from the middle school team. Hard work, dedication, work ethic, and a coach that will dedicate himself to the kids as they dedicate themselves to the program, will improve this team leaps and bounds....

OH.... I understand about the facilities being hard to get on when it rains. I can remember being up there after a rain one evening and home plate had at least 4 inches of water on it. IMHO, the county needs to put a little cash in field improvements so that these kids have the same opportunity as the rest of us who play 30+ games a season.... Playing a nice challenging schedule (if the field is playable) can help out at the end of the season as well!! Smile

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
Messages In This Thread
Phelps 2010-2011 season - by myhero#5 - 06-07-2010, 10:45 PM
Phelps 2010-2011 season - by phs1986 - 06-08-2010, 11:16 PM
Phelps 2010-2011 season - by JackRabbitSlim - 06-10-2010, 08:17 AM
Phelps 2010-2011 season - by Commanche - 06-10-2010, 09:54 AM
Phelps 2010-2011 season - by phs1986 - 06-10-2010, 03:09 PM