Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
College Basketball has lost a Legend.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Okay, I cant stand it anymore. John Wooden was the John Calipari of his day. Wooden turned a blind eye while Sam Gilbert, a big UCLA booster, bought his players cars, discounted loans, paid off loans, gave them money, as well as many other things. Like it or not, John Wooden was a dirty ol cheater, just like the rest of 'em. Yeah Ive heard what a great ambassador he was to the game, what a great person he was, what a wonderful presence he was for the game, but the truth is the truth, he was dirty. Now, dont get me wrong, I dont care one bit that he cheated, I'd do the same thing if I knew someone was paying the best recruits in the nation to come to my school, but he was what he was, and while everyone is giving him the "Oh he was just the greatest role model" garbage, they should point out that for 15 years his program and its people involved just cheated better than everyone else.

Wow We Agree on Almost Something. Dont know why he cal has to be john wooden but. Bruins eviscerated the rule book like no program before or after, but went largely unpunished by a NCAA that wanted no part of taking down its marquee team. While Sam Gilbert, a Los Angeles contractor the feds allege made millions laundering drug money, bought a decade worth of recruits for UCLA.
Messages In This Thread
College Basketball has lost a Legend. - by dblg11 - 06-04-2010, 10:22 PM
College Basketball has lost a Legend. - by Aslan - 06-05-2010, 02:53 AM
College Basketball has lost a Legend. - by Jarons - 06-05-2010, 09:57 AM
College Basketball has lost a Legend. - by Wildcatk23 - 06-05-2010, 04:45 PM