•  Previous
  • 11(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is the MVP?
Ballers Wrote:On that note.. I guess your overlooking the thousands of points he
has had with 4-5 hands in his face..
It's not at all clear who you are talking about but if you mean Kobe, whenever he has four or five hands in his face and shoots anyway, he had at least two wide open teammates watching Kobe take another forced shot...which is my point. Kobe is a great shooter and he could have a Nash-like FG% if he was more of a team player.
Ok, I'll give you that.. But one has to remember... It's the NBA, not college or highschool. Smile
Ballers Wrote:Ok, I'll give you that.. But one has to remember... It's the NBA, not college or highschool. Smile
It's the same league that Magic, Bird, and the Big "O" played in. Team basketball still wins basketball games no matter at what level it is being played. Phil Jackson is a great coach but I have never liked the style that his teams play, which places most of the focus on individual talent of a couple of star players.
Well Hoot, no offense but maybe you should count the rings Phil has on his fingers.
Ballers Wrote:Well Hoot, no offense but maybe you should count the rings Phil has on his fingers.
As I said, Jackson is a great coach but I don't enjoy watching the style that his teams play. If his teams won every game that they played, I still would not enjoy his style.

BTW, I felt the same way about the style that UK played under Joe Hall. Hall was a winner and you could not dispute that fact - but I just never enjoyed watching his teams play the same way that I have enjoyed watching UK teams coached by Calipari and Pitino. It has nothing to do with championship rings.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:As I said, Jackson is a great coach but I don't enjoy watching the style that his teams play. If his teams won every game that they played, I still would not enjoy his style.

BTW, I felt the same way about the style that UK played under Joe Hall. Hall was a winner and you could not dispute that fact - but I just never enjoyed watching his teams play the same way that I have enjoyed watching UK teams coached by Calipari and Pitino. It has nothing to do with championship rings.

Well bottom line is.. This is a MVP thread.. Style of ball that each team is playing means nothing here.. If Lebron loses his next game... He's not the MVP.. which means either Kobe, someone from Phx, someone from Boston, or someone from Orlando will be -- more then likely Howard.

Mark my word.. if LA is in the finals, might as well take your hat off that fits around that big head of yours and salute your true MVP Kobe Bryant.:flame::flame:
Ballers Wrote:Well bottom line is.. This is a MVP thread.. Style of ball that each team is playing means nothing here.. If Lebron loses his next game... He's not the MVP.. which means either Kobe, someone from Phx, someone from Boston, or someone from Orlando will be -- more then likely Howard.

Mark my word.. if LA is in the finals, might as well take your hat off that fits around that big head of yours and salute your true MVP Kobe Bryant.:flame::flame:
There is an old adage in law that fits here with a little bit of tweaking. When he stats are on your side, argue the stats. When the stats are against you, scream and bang the table and divert attention from the facts. The only MVP that Kobe should be a candidate for is possibly for the NBA Finals. If Kobe wins the MVP, then Lebron will have been robbed.
Facts and stats - Kevin Durrant led scoring in the league this year.. what did he get to show for it? Nothing.. except a first round loss to LA.
Ballers Wrote:Facts and stats - Kevin Durrant led scoring in the league this year.. what did he get to show for it? Nothing.. except a first round loss to LA.
There is a reason that there are separate MVPs awarded for the regular season and the playoff finals. Lebron will win the MVP award by a W-I-D-E margin because he had the best overall season of any NBA player. He should be the unanimous winner but unfortunately, you are not the only person who does not understand the criteria for the award - some voters are confused as well.

Kobe may or may not win the Finals MVP, but none of the games that will count for that award have been played yet and that is a question for another thread.
Ballers Wrote:Well bottom line is.. This is a MVP thread.. Style of ball that each team is playing means nothing here.. If Lebron loses his next game... He's not the MVP.. which means either Kobe, someone from Phx, someone from Boston, or someone from Orlando will be -- more then likely Howard.

I like this post. :Thumbs:
Aslan Wrote:Kobe is a better shooter than Lebron. Lebron gets more dunks than basically any player in the game ever. That contributes to his fg %.
How can the best player in the world disappear last night like he did? Cmon. Kobe would never do that. Let's not forget Kobe's fg % is also suffering from playing with a broke finger all year. You have to factor that in as well. Most of his bad shooting performances were due to his finger. It won't heal until he has surgery to repair a torn ligament.
EVERYTHING Lebron does is over hyped by the media. Kobe's averaged 30+ in the Utah series and that barely gets mentioned on ESPN.
Lebron has the team to win it this year and there choking again. The past two years the Cavs have had the best record in the league. Lack of a supporting cast is no longer an excuse for him.
He's been declared the king and he's won nothing but some regular season awards. He's never won a game in the finals, let alone a championship. He won't even enter the dunk contest in fear of losing it. Everything has been given to him. He's great, one of the best players in the league, but I don't believe he has the "it" factor. Lebron is overrated and over hyped by the media.

Agree!
Wildcatk23 Wrote:[B]

Hating or liking Kobe doesnt even matter. I use Kobe because thats the only other player people want to compare to lebron. Wade is the man IMO. But What kind of MVP goes 3-14 and doesnt get his first bucket until 6:00 left in the 3rd Quarter.

That first dunk was off of a goal suck as well I believe.
The bottom line is that Lebron won his second MVP award in a landslide. Kobe? A distant third. Those are the facts. Kobe has won his last MVP and I will be surprised if he finishes as high as third again.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Ai...cavs051210

This says it all. Lebron has done nothing, he is cocky and concerned only with himself. And this does NOT win championships and THAT is the bottom line.
K_Mac Wrote:http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Ai...cavs051210

This says it all. Lebron has done nothing, he is cocky and concerned only with himself. And this does NOT win championships and THAT is the bottom line.
The thread is about the 2010 NBA MVP Award, which Lebron just won in a cakewalk. You may think Lebron winning his second straight MVP award is no big deal but I doubt that you would have felt the same if Kobe had been able to win a second MVP award. For a man concerned about nobody but himself, Lebron sure racks up a lot of assists.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Could be an MVP who really does have a sprained elbow but does not want to sound like a whiner and complain about it in public. It's not our elbow, so neither of us will ever know if and to what extent the sprain is affecting Lebron's play.

So game 3 he is perfectly fine but now its sour again?
Hoot Gibson Wrote:The bottom line is that Lebron won his second MVP award in a landslide. Kobe? A distant third. Those are the facts. Kobe has won his last MVP and I will be surprised if he finishes as high as third again.

He deserved this one by all means. But But But, it wouldnt have mattered even if someone did have a better season. It happened last year and the voters dont care.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:He deserved this one by all means. But But But, it wouldnt have mattered even if someone did have a better season. It happened last year and the voters dont care.

Yep. Also, the 2nd year Nash was his MVP, Kobe should of won. Kobe averaged 35ppg that year, most ppg since MJ averaged 37 in a season.
Aslan Wrote:Yep. Also, the 2nd year Nash was his MVP, Kobe should of won. Kobe averaged 35ppg that year, most ppg since MJ averaged 37 in a season.
That was also the year that Nash became the first NBA player to average 18 points and 11 assists since Magic Johnson in 1990 while shooting 51% from the field and the year that Kobe decided to stop shooting in the second half of the Lakers' 7th game playoff loss to the Suns. I cannot recall Nash ever just quitting on his team during a playoff game.

If only the voters had not robbed Kobe for all but one year, he would have a bunch of MVPs by now. :biggrin:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:That was also the year that Nash became the first NBA player to average 18 points and 11 assists since Magic Johnson in 1990 while shooting 51% from the field and the year that Kobe decided to stop shooting in the second half of the Lakers' 7th game playoff loss to the Suns. I cannot recall Nash ever just quitting on his team during a playoff game.

If only the voters had not robbed Kobe for all but one year, he would have a bunch of MVPs by now. :biggrin:

Well IMO he should have 2 Big Grin
Kmac, lebron had a bad game, mj had bad games....he said the fans had every right to boo after a performance like that...and the did, lebron gave his team all the dredit for his mvp award, sure its time for him to win a ring....what most of you don't realize is how young this kid is...he is 24 or 25 yrs old...that's like the same age as jodie meeks or something...he is young, he is going to be cocky....yea kobe won a ring in 4 years, he walked into a powerhouse at the lakers, lebron hasn't had a team intil this season, he should win it this season witth the talent he has around him....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
theVILLE Wrote:Kmac, lebron had a bad game, mj had bad games....he said the fans had every right to boo after a performance like that...and the did, lebron gave his team all the dredit for his mvp award, sure its time for him to win a ring....what most of you don't realize is how young this kid is...he is 24 or 25 yrs old...that's like the same age as jodie meeks or something...he is young, he is going to be cocky....yea kobe won a ring in 4 years, he walked into a powerhouse at the lakers, lebron hasn't had a team intil this season, he should win it this season witth the talent he has around him....

Kobe and Shaq made them powerhouses. How many rings did shaq win before kobe?

And lebron had the talent last year. Jesus they wont the most games didnt they?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:So game 3 he is perfectly fine but now its sour again?

Yea I'm sure his elbow is sore, I'm sure It was sore in game 3, is that an execuse for the performance in game 5, nope sure isn't, lebron played horrible and the fans deserve better...but for a kid his age he is going to have 1 bad game in season...as good as lebron is he has to have a bad game sometime
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
theVILLE Wrote:Yea I'm sure his elbow is sore, I'm sure It was sore in game 3, is that an execuse for the performance in game 5, nope sure isn't, lebron played horrible and the fans deserve better...but for a kid his age he is going to have 1 bad game in season...as good as lebron is he has to have a bad game sometime

MVP's have bad games during the regular season. Not when there in a 7 game series and need him more than anything at home. Now that lebron decided to go away in game 5 he has pretty much played his team out of this series. MVP's dont do that,. They play there teams into series.
Tonight will tell the tale.

I look for Lebron to do around 20 pts tonight, and Cavs go home and he leave Cleveland.
theVILLE Wrote:Kmac, lebron had a bad game, mj had bad games....he said the fans had every right to boo after a performance like that...and the did, lebron gave his team all the dredit for his mvp award, sure its time for him to win a ring....what most of you don't realize is how young this kid is...he is 24 or 25 yrs old...that's like the same age as jodie meeks or something...he is young, he is going to be cocky....yea kobe won a ring in 4 years, he walked into a powerhouse at the lakers, lebron hasn't had a team intil this season, he should win it this season witth the talent he has around him....

I believe the Hornets lost on that deal.. That is where he first arrived then was traded I believe to the Lakers.
Ballers Wrote:Tonight will tell the tale.

I look for Lebron to do around 20 pts tonight, and Cavs go home and he leave Cleveland.

Look for lebron to do everything possible to win tonight,
Lebron goes for 42 points, 8 assists and 12 rebounds and the cavs force a game 7!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
Wildcatk23 Wrote:MVP's have bad games during the regular season. Not when there in a 7 game series and need him more than anything at home. Now that lebron decided to go away in game 5 he has pretty much played his team out of this series. MVP's dont do that,. They play there teams into series.

MVP awards have been and always will be given to the player that has played the best and most consistent season...NOT PLAYOFFS!!!Lebron clearly had the best season for the second straight year...another facter they play in their is your overall record...MVP award had never been a playoff award...why should it change because Lebron had one bad game...this just shows how much you hate about Lebron and that you are not looking at him as a basketball player
Crazy Horse Wrote:MVP awards have been and always will be given to the player that has played the best and most consistent season...NOT PLAYOFFS!!!Lebron clearly had the best season for the second straight year...another facter they play in their is your overall record...MVP award had never been a playoff award...why should it change because Lebron had one bad game...this just shows how much you hate about Lebron and that you are not looking at him as a basketball player

Well your not looking at the stats there pal. Look at lebrons stats compared to a certain player from miami and tell me he had a better season.
  •  Previous
  • 11(current)
  • Next