•  Previous
  • 10(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is the MVP?
K_Mac Wrote:Watch him play. Uses it fine. High fives his team mates hard without so much as a flench, doesnt shoot less, shoot with his left all time, plays the exact same. Says to me: nothign wrong. If it doesnt affect him it shouldnt ever be mentioned. That would be like saying I have a bruise on my arm and making a big deal over it when I cant tell it is there.

That would be like you making a big deal out of it after u get spanked!
Care to show me where i made a big deal about his elbow...You guys brought the elbow up///I said the cavs got hustled, out rebounded and didnt want it as bad....Lebrons injury probably effects him some but he still out up good numbers... He had 23 points
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
theVILLE Wrote:Care to show me where i made a big deal about his elbow...You guys brought the elbow up///I said the cavs got hustled, out rebounded and didnt want it as bad....Lebrons injury probably effects him some but he still out up good numbers... He had 23 points

I never said you did, The media has.
my call would have to be Kevin Durant cause hey look last year they were the worst team in the NBA and now look how far he has took his team they might have got beat the other night but they have still done very good....
my call would have to be Kevin Durant cause hey look last year they were the worst team in the NBA and now look how far he has took his team they might have got beat the other night but they have still done very good....
K_Mac Wrote:Whatever you say man. If thats the case when he loses, dont blame it on his elbow.

Man what's your problem with Lebron...you have been living on the Kobe and Celtics bandwagon too long buddy...Kobe plays with an injury and he still plays good and acts like he is hurt and nobody says anything but when Lebron gets one and he acts everyone calls him a cry baby...he has not complained to anyone about it but that he still has to go out there and do what he does and that is plays as the best player in the NBA(WHICH HE IS) and he proves it every night...just like last night against the Celtics...if that game last night would had been closer...meaning Celtics could score the ball...Lebron would had played with a little more ergence like he did at the start of the game and would of easily had a triple double before the third quarter was over...just quit hating on Lebron and give him the credit he deserves...for you will have to see him out play Kobe for many more years to come.
Crazy Horse Wrote:Man what's your problem with Lebron...you have been living on the Kobe and Celtics bandwagon too long buddy...Kobe plays with an injury and he still plays good and acts like he is hurt and nobody says anything but when Lebron gets one and he acts everyone calls him a cry baby...he has not complained to anyone about it but that he still has to go out there and do what he does and that is plays as the best player in the NBA(WHICH HE IS) and he proves it every night...just like last night against the Celtics...if that game last night would had been closer...meaning Celtics could score the ball...Lebron would had played with a little more ergence like he did at the start of the game and would of easily had a triple double before the third quarter was over...just quit hating on Lebron and give him the credit he deserves...for you will have to see him out play Kobe for many more years to come.

Cant do it man. He is a good player, a da*n good one. But he isn't the best. I dont care what u, theville, the media, or anyone else says. I live basketball and one or two years of him playing like this isnt changing my mind about the last 10+ watching Kobe. Sorry pal. So dont hate on Kobe and give him credit where its due. And he may out play Kobe for years as u say, but barely, and Kobe is much older. So not exactly impresses my friend. Got to do much better then that. If he puts up 81, or averages 20 more a game then Kobe, I might listen. But averaging 3 more points a game? Who cares! Kobe gets the ring. Enough said.

I will most likely always hate Lebron until he loses his attitude, or possibly goes to a team I like, with players I like. Then I might cheer for him slightly out of association.
K_Mac Wrote:Cant do it man. He is a good player, a da*n good one. But he isn't the best. I dont care what u, theville, the media, or anyone else says. I live basketball and one or two years of him playing like this isnt changing my mind about the last 10+ watching Kobe. Sorry pal. So dont hate on Kobe and give him credit where its due. And he may out play Kobe for years as u say, but barely, and Kobe is much older. So not exactly impresses my friend. Got to do much better then that. If he puts up 81, or averages 20 more a game then Kobe, I might listen. But averaging 3 more points a game? Who cares! Kobe gets the ring. Enough said.

I will most likely always hate Lebron until he loses his attitude, or possibly goes to a team I like, with players I like. Then I might cheer for him slightly out of association.

Lebron hasnt been in the league 10 year...Lebron is younger than rondo i think..I mean had he went to college this would just be his second year...Idk about you but jordan went to college for 3 or 4 years, went to the NBA...Look at them at the same AGE...There is really no comparison there
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
K_Mac Wrote:Cant do it man. He is a good player, a da*n good one. But he isn't the best. I dont care what u, theville, the media, or anyone else says. I live basketball and one or two years of him playing like this isnt changing my mind about the last 10+ watching Kobe. Sorry pal. So dont hate on Kobe and give him credit where its due. And he may out play Kobe for years as u say, but barely, and Kobe is much older. So not exactly impresses my friend. Got to do much better then that. If he puts up 81, or averages 20 more a game then Kobe, I might listen. But averaging 3 more points a game? Who cares! Kobe gets the ring. Enough said.

Kobe scored 81 because he had to that game for them to win because that was when the lakers sucked...Lebron don't have to because he has the best supporting cast around him other then the Magic around Dwight...if Lebron wanted to he could score 81 and defiently if he wanted to he could get 40 points a game but like I said he doesn't have to...yes he does only average a little more points a game but how many more assist a game does he get...if he would cut them down he would average 40 a game but would much rather be a team player...and yes he is a better team-mate then Kobe and makes everyone around him better then Kobe ever did...and whats with this attitude...Lebron doesn't have a bad attitude...he knows hes good and playing a little cocky to me is a good thing...at least he doesn't wine near as much as Kobe for when Kobe doesn't get his way he crys all game long...remember back when the cavs played the lakers on christmas...Kobe showed his a$$ in that game...when Kobe was Lebrons age he wasn't near as good as KING JAMES...so to me that tells me that if we are comparing years in NBA and age that Lebron is better at both stages so you don't have an arguement there...now that Lebron has a supporting cast like this look for him to rack up the RINGS...and remember that SHAQ WON KOBE THREE OF THEM RINGS!!!
Crazy Horse Wrote:Kobe scored 81 because he had to that game for them to win because that was when the lakers sucked...Lebron don't have to because he has the best supporting cast around him other then the Magic around Dwight...if Lebron wanted to he could score 81 and defiently if he wanted to he could get 40 points a game but like I said he doesn't have to...yes he does only average a little more points a game but how many more assist a game does he get...if he would cut them down he would average 40 a game but would much rather be a team player...and yes he is a better team-mate then Kobe and makes everyone around him better then Kobe ever did...and whats with this attitude...Lebron doesn't have a bad attitude...he knows hes good and playing a little cocky to me is a good thing...at least he doesn't wine near as much as Kobe for when Kobe doesn't get his way he crys all game long...remember back when the cavs played the lakers on christmas...Kobe showed his a$$ in that game...when Kobe was Lebrons age he wasn't near as good as KING JAMES...so to me that tells me that if we are comparing years in NBA and age that Lebron is better at both stages so you don't have an arguement there...now that Lebron has a supporting cast like this look for him to rack up the RINGS...and remember that SHAQ WON KOBE THREE OF THEM RINGS!!!

It has always took a superstar around shaq for him to win a championship. It wasnt till shaq left that we seen how good kobe actually was. That still gives kobe 1 more ring than lebron. If your going to compare apple to oranges.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:It has always took a superstar around shaq for him to win a championship. It wasnt till shaq left that we seen how good kobe actually was. That still gives kobe 1 more ring than lebron. If your going to compare apple to oranges.

yeah Kobe won that ring when he finally got a good team...the team he wanted around him...Lebron now has the team he wants and needs around him...look for him to win many rings to come...this year and many more!!!
Crazy Horse Wrote:Kobe scored 81 because he had to that game for them to win because that was when the lakers sucked...Lebron don't have to because he has the best supporting cast around him other then the Magic around Dwight...if Lebron wanted to he could score 81 and defiently if he wanted to he could get 40 points a game but like I said he doesn't have to...yes he does only average a little more points a game but how many more assist a game does he get...if he would cut them down he would average 40 a game but would much rather be a team player...and yes he is a better team-mate then Kobe and makes everyone around him better then Kobe ever did...and whats with this attitude...Lebron doesn't have a bad attitude...he knows hes good and playing a little cocky to me is a good thing...at least he doesn't wine near as much as Kobe for when Kobe doesn't get his way he crys all game long...remember back when the cavs played the lakers on christmas...Kobe showed his a$$ in that game...when Kobe was Lebrons age he wasn't near as good as KING JAMES...so to me that tells me that if we are comparing years in NBA and age that Lebron is better at both stages so you don't have an arguement there...now that Lebron has a supporting cast like this look for him to rack up the RINGS...and remember that SHAQ WON KOBE THREE OF THEM RINGS!!!

I appologize and you must excuse me if all i do is laugh at this post. I DO NOT GIVE A S***!! With that being said, I have nothing against you and your opinion, regardless of how wrong it may be. You are free to think as u wish but don't try to force your foolish opinion on me. Its not going to work. Just has if you were an atheist, fine by me. Just dont try to convince me there is no God. Same for basketball, dont try to convince me Lebron is better then Kobe. CUASE IT WILL NEVER WORK! Shaq did not win Kobe those 3 rings, remove Kobe from the equation and they LOSE! Same can be said for Shaq, but it took both of them. Forget Lebron.
K_Mac Wrote:I appologize and you must excuse me if all i do is laugh at this post. I DO NOT GIVE A S***!! With that being said, I have nothing against you and your opinion, regardless of how wrong it may be. You are free to think as u wish but don't try to force your foolish opinion on me. Its not going to work. Just has if you were an atheist, fine by me. Just dont try to convince me there is no God. Same for basketball, dont try to convince me Lebron is better then Kobe. CUASE IT WILL NEVER WORK! Shaq did not win Kobe those 3 rings, remove Kobe from the equation and they LOSE! Same can be said for Shaq, but it took both of them. Forget Lebron.

You can always win a championship with a good big man and average guards...you can never win one with good guards and a average big man...you can at least take Kobe off that team and they still would be a contender...I am not saying that I am trying to change your mind on who is better...I am just saying my friend you are wrong...NOT ME!!!...you defiently can not argue that Kobe was as good as Lebroin when he was this age for he was not close so how can you aregue Kobe is better right know when he is on his down fall...at all stages of there carreer...being their age and how ever many years they play Lebron will be better at every stage...yes he does not have the rings right now but all that shows is how good of a team you had...NOT HOW GOOD YOU ARE...I don't see how you can argue when Lebron is a better scorer, passer, rebounder, defender, and ball handler...he can do so much more with the ball in his hands then Kobe can.
Crazy Horse Wrote:You can always win a championship with a good big man and average guards...you can never win one with good guards and a average big man...you can at least take Kobe off that team and they still would be a contender...I am not saying that I am trying to change your mind on who is better...I am just saying my friend you are wrong...NOT ME!!!...you defiently can not argue that Kobe was as good as Lebroin when he was this age for he was not close so how can you aregue Kobe is better right know when he is on his down fall...at all stages of there carreer...being their age and how ever many years they play Lebron will be better at every stage...yes he does not have the rings right now but all that shows is how good of a team you had...NOT HOW GOOD YOU ARE...I don't see how you can argue when Lebron is a better scorer, passer, rebounder, defender, and ball handler...he can do so much more with the ball in his hands then Kobe can.

So sick of opinions like this. Lebron averages 30 7 and 8, Kobe was like 28 5 and 5. not a huge difference and Kobe is in his "down fall" as u say. Furthermore Kobe always having a good team means he doesnt have to put up numbers like Lebron but he could do it anytime any night. When Kobe didn't have a decent team he was averaging crazy numbers with like 35 ppg. (More the Lebron) so I dont want to hear it any more man. Get over it.
Kobe could probably average 40 ppg and shoot 40% from the field...or 50 ppg and shoot 35% from the field. Lebron outshoots, out rebounds, and is a better playmaker than Kobe. The bottom line is that Lebron is a better player than Kobe and his best days are ahead of him. Kobe has seen better days.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Kobe could probably average 40 ppg and shoot 40% from the field...or 50 ppg and shoot 35% from the field. Lebron outshoots, out rebounds, and is a better playmaker than Kobe. The bottom line is that Lebron is a better player than Kobe and his best days are ahead of him. Kobe has seen better days.
Lebron does not outshoot kobe, Maybe a better % from the field but thats not from shooting.

Kobe has seen better days for himself. But Id bet he would rather be finals MVP than MVP anytime.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Lebron does not outshoot kobe, Maybe a better % from the field but thats not from shooting.

Kobe has seen better days for himself. But Id bet he would rather be finals MVP than MVP anytime.
Lebron shot a better percentage from the field (50.3% to 45.6%) and a better percentage from beyond the arc (33.3% to 32.9%) than Kobe did this season, but he does not outshoot Kobe. Gottcha...I see your point. I guess I forgot to factor in the style points for Kobe. :lmao:
K_Mac Wrote:So sick of opinions like this. Lebron averages 30 7 and 8, Kobe was like 28 5 and 5. not a huge difference and Kobe is in his "down fall" as u say. Furthermore Kobe always having a good team means he doesnt have to put up numbers like Lebron but he could do it anytime any night. When Kobe didn't have a decent team he was averaging crazy numbers with like 35 ppg. (More the Lebron) so I dont want to hear it any more man. Get over it.

You are fighting a losing battle...Lebron does not have to score a lot either...if he wanted to he could average 40 a night just like Kobe could but Kobe could not do the other parts of the game like Lebron...if they both shot the same Lebron would out score him every night...yes when Kobe had that one real good season when he scored 81 points and averaged a lot...he had to...if Lebron had to he could easily average 40-47 points a game because not one player...even Ron Artest or Kobe Bryant can guard him...other then being a clutch performer when the game is on the line and taking that last shot...Lebron is better at every part of the game
Crazy Horse Wrote:You are fighting a losing battle...Lebron does not have to score a lot either...if he wanted to he could average 40 a night just like Kobe could but Kobe could not do the other parts of the game like Lebron...if they both shot the same Lebron would out score him every night...yes when Kobe had that one real good season when he scored 81 points and averaged a lot...he had to...if Lebron had to he could easily average 40-47 points a game because not one player...even Ron Artest or Kobe Bryant can guard him...other then being a clutch performer when the game is on the line and taking that last shot...Lebron is better at every part of the game

Whatever you say man. I will take Kobe every night, regardless.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Lebron shot a better percentage from the field (50.3% to 45.6%) and a better percentage from beyond the arc (33.3% to 32.9%) than Kobe did this season, but he does not outshoot Kobe. Gottcha...I see your point. I guess I forgot to factor in the style points for Kobe. :lmao:

Did you miss the part were i said i know he has a better % from the field....Im saying he has a better Jump Shot.
3-14.....Not much of a MVP in a crucial Game 5.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Did you miss the part were i said i know he has a better % from the field....Im saying he has a better Jump Shot.
No I did not miss your point at all. As I said, I forgot to factor in Kobe's style points, which you seem to think offsets his FG% deficit compared to Lebron. The fact that Kobe is a better pure shooter than Lebron, yet consistently shoots a lower FG% than Lebron shouts the fact that his shot selection is not as good as Lebron's. To shoot more, Kobe's shot selection would be even worse and his FG% even lower. Kobe has always been a more selfish offensive player than Lebron.
Kobe is a better shooter than Lebron. Lebron gets more dunks than basically any player in the game ever. That contributes to his fg %.
How can the best player in the world disappear last night like he did? Cmon. Kobe would never do that. Let's not forget Kobe's fg % is also suffering from playing with a broke finger all year. You have to factor that in as well. Most of his bad shooting performances were due to his finger. It won't heal until he has surgery to repair a torn ligament.
EVERYTHING Lebron does is over hyped by the media. Kobe's averaged 30+ in the Utah series and that barely gets mentioned on ESPN.
Lebron has the team to win it this year and there choking again. The past two years the Cavs have had the best record in the league. Lack of a supporting cast is no longer an excuse for him.
He's been declared the king and he's won nothing but some regular season awards. He's never won a game in the finals, let alone a championship. He won't even enter the dunk contest in fear of losing it. Everything has been given to him. He's great, one of the best players in the league, but I don't believe he has the "it" factor. Lebron is overrated and over hyped by the media.
Aslan Wrote:Kobe is a better shooter than Lebron. Lebron gets more dunks than basically any player in the game ever. That contributes to his fg %.
How can the best player in the world disappear last night like he did? Cmon. Kobe would never do that. Let's not forget Kobe's fg % is also suffering from playing with a broke finger all year. You have to factor that in as well. Most of his bad shooting performances were due to his finger. It won't heal until he has surgery to repair a torn ligament.
EVERYTHING Lebron does is over hyped by the media. Kobe's averaged 30+ in the Utah series and that barely gets mentioned on ESPN.
Lebron has the team to win it this year and there choking again. The past two years the Cavs have had the best record in the league. Lack of a supporting cast is no longer an excuse for him.
He's been declared the king and he's won nothing but some regular season awards. He's never won a game in the finals, let alone a championship. He won't even enter the dunk contest in fear of losing it. Everything has been given to him. He's great, one of the best players in the league, but I don't believe he has the "it" factor. Lebron is overrated and over hyped by the media.

geeeeee. well, on that note I'd have to say I agree.
Lebron isn't a shooter, never has been.. and Kobe can about do everything offensive and defensive wise.. After it is all said and done tho.. I expect Lebron to start getting titles down the road.. But right now, idk what to say about it.. Just not impressed with his play in the playoffs.. I actually haven't been impressed with him at all.. Yeah he did hit a lucky 3 against Orlando last year was it?? But still lost in the East finals.. 9/10 he won't hit that shot anyway.. He's just not a shooter.. He's a leaper and a good athlete at the most, has good court vision but doesn't have the shot that Kobe, Ray Allen, and others have.
Aslan Wrote:Kobe is a better shooter than Lebron. Lebron gets more dunks than basically any player in the game ever. That contributes to his fg %.

:Thumbs:

TY Ty.

That was my favorite line. Because its true. He promised to join and then backed out.
Himm...interesting theory posted by the Kobe fan club members. Lebron did not really outshoot Kobe this season because a dunk is not a real shot. Unfortunately, for the Kobe boosters, Lebron did not dunk from the 3-point line this season and his 3-point FG% was slightly higher than Kobe's this season.

I am not saying that Lebron is a better shooter than Kobe but he did outshoot him this season. Kobe takes more bad, contested jumpers than Lebron does. Kobe's shot selection is not going to improve because he is a more selfish player to the core than Lebron.

As for the claim that Kobe would never disappear in a big game, gimme a break! I recall a playoff game in which following a bad first half and a halftime lecture on shot selection, Kobe pouted the entire second half and did not take a shot. A real team player, that Kobe - and such a coachable young man too.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Himm...interesting theory posted by the Kobe fan club members. Lebron did not really outshoot Kobe this season because a dunk is not a real shot. Unfortunately, for the Kobe boosters, Lebron did not dunk from the 3-point line this season and his 3-point FG% was slightly higher than Kobe's this season.

I am not saying that Lebron is a better shooter than Kobe but he did outshoot him this season. Kobe takes more bad, contested jumpers than Lebron does. Kobe's shot selection is not going to improve because he is a more selfish player to the core than Lebron.

As for the claim that Kobe would never disappear in a big game, gimme a break! I recall a playoff game in which following a bad first half and a halftime lecture on shot selection, Kobe pouted the entire second half and did not take a shot. A real team player, that Kobe - and such a coachable young man too.

I agree with you on this to an extent. Kobe isnt selfish out of self wants. He just thinks no matter how many times he shoots its going in. And he is going to shoot as many times as he needs to make his team win.,

.Could you give me a game where this happened?

Hating or liking Kobe doesnt even matter. I use Kobe because thats the only other player people want to compare to lebron. Wade is the man IMO. But What kind of MVP goes 3-14 and doesnt get his first bucket until 6:00 left in the 3rd Quarter.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I agree with you on this to an extent. Kobe isnt selfish out of self wants. He just thinks no matter how many times he shoots its going in. And he is going to shoot as many times as he needs to make his team win.,

Hating or liking Kobe doesnt even matter. I use Kobe because thats the only other player people want to compare to lebron. Wade is the man IMO. But What kind of MVP goes 3-14 and doesnt get his first bucket until 6:00 left in the 3rd Quarter.
Game 7 against Phoenix in the '06 playoffs. Any selfish player will argue that he does it for the sake of the team.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I agree with you on this to an extent. Kobe isnt selfish out of self wants. He just thinks no matter how many times he shoots its going in. And he is going to shoot as many times as he needs to make his team win.,

Could be an MVP who really does have a sprained elbow but does not want to sound like a whiner and complain about it in public. It's not our elbow, so neither of us will ever know if and to what extent the sprain is affecting Lebron's play.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Could be an MVP who really does have a sprained elbow but does not want to sound like a whiner and complain about it in public. It's not our elbow, so neither of us will ever know if and to what extent the sprain is affecting Lebron's play.

On that note.. I guess your overlooking the thousands of points he
has had with 4-5 hands in his face..
  •  Previous
  • 10(current)
  • Next