Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County Boys Job
Any ideas on who may be interested in the coaching job at Lawrence County.
I heard that Paintsville's head coach is interested but i really hope that they stay in the program to get someone so that away nothin major changes except for the fact they wont see Coach A anymore
I just hope that they get someone that has a great deal of experience. Coach A built this program up to where it is today. We are region contenders year in and year out. I don't want to see it turned over to anyone that would mess that up. All the boys in the program deserve a top notch coach and not a yes man. If we get a yes man it will go south by the time school is out this year.
You mention keeping the coaching job inside the system. Who would that be. There is no one remotley close to taking this task on. They should look for other sources. One name that comes to mind might be a old alumni Trent Steiner. He is the coasch now at Simon Kenton and has been for 4 years now.
No we dont need him back here,,, he tried once and failed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
TSSI Wrote:You mention keeping the coaching job inside the system. Who would that be. There is no one remotley close to taking this task on. They should look for other sources. One name that comes to mind might be a old alumni Trent Steiner. He is the coasch now at Simon Kenton and has been for 4 years now.

Been there and done that...couldn't make it first time around..Trent good person just not what Lawrence County needs
I'm with you there. We need someone from outside. Trent is a good guy but I don't think he is the guy for the job. Been there done that.
I heard that they offered JR Vanhoose, the girls coach and Phelps, and he turned it down.
It is a shame that our school system does not realize the mathematics of a good coach. Think about it. If 5-10 kids leave the system because of a bad coaching decision then that will cost the school 22k-46k right there. If we have a bad team our gate will drop dramatically. 12 home games with 500 to 1000 less people will cost the school 30k to 60K. Not to mention all of the concessions. A good coach can run a team camp that makes the school several thousands of dollars. Sounds to me like a bad coaching decision based on money will cost Lawrence County at least 75K and up to 100K per year.
Hey, maybe they do and they just don't care. Maybe they already have the coach they want and don't want to hear from the people that do make sense.

P.S. 5-10 kids leaving is probably underestimated.
There is not one high school sport that makes money! By the time you pay all the coach's salaries, insurance, equipment, and build and maintain facilities, you are way in the red. That being said, competitive extracurricular activities are an integral part of the educational process.
That makes it even that more important to make a good hire. All of the equipment costs and facilities costs are a constant. The only change will be the cost of the coach. A good coach will pay for himself easily. A bad one only costs more.
They have contacted Coach Hatcher from Perry. Would be a nice fit to this program.
That would be a really nice fit for LC. I hope it works out.
Not going to happen he has visited every open job that has been posted. he is using it to get more money out of PCC
you can forget about Hatcher but the name I keep hearing is that of Eric Ratliff, from Pike County:Thumbs:
As far as Ratliff's go, what about Lawrence County's own, Brian Ratliff?
Down and Out Wrote:you can forget about Hatcher but the name I keep hearing is that of Eric Ratliff, from Pike County:Thumbs:

And why is that? Not enought talent around for him or they won't have him? Would definitely be the best coach they could possibly get if he would come. What is the talent level around their for the future? If there are young kids coming up that will be pretty good, some coaches would love to come, but if not, good luck finding someone.
Not only no but he*& no. but they would have good insurance.
I have heard rumers that Coach Dixon wants the job. Ive also heard that the JV coach wants the job as well. Both wont be a good hire in my personal opion. As for Brain Ratliff what coaching experience does he have?
Like to see a young upcoming coach get his job
I only hope LC gets a coach that is more interested in all the youth of LC
Who would be Brian Ratiffs asst.? Maybe LC could get Bobby Knight to help Brian
All bull aside the coach LC should go after is Les Trimble.
Both the boys and girls coaches will be given an extra stipend to start a county wide feeder program in Lawrence. There may be hope for basketball yet. When all the traveling teams started in Lawrence that was the end of league basketball. Now there is just one travel team left with 6 or 8 players. No coaches hired yet although some interviewed according to Mr. Armstong at the May 10th board meeting.
I'm surprised this job is still open i figured it would have been one of the first one's off the list of openings
Whos interviewing coaches? Who will make the decision on the next coach at LC? The principal and the site base counsel are gone.
Mr. no Wrote:Whos interviewing coaches? Who will make the decision on the next coach at LC? The principal and the site base counsel are gone.
At this time it rests in the hands of Mr. Armstrong.
So can anyone tell us who the leading canidates are for the LC job or has it been filled?
Have interviews already been conducted?
Who knows, seems like it has been pushed to the side with all the other problems at the board and the school. The communication on this matter has not been good and I feel like they have already taken too long. Does anyone even know who is on the search committee. Our high school players should already be playing and have a team camp and a complete summer and fall schedule made out.