•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle Co. 2010
You Rebel folks need to go ahead and get Dawson to commit to Kentucky.

Best of luck to the Rebels in '10!
BlackcatAlum Wrote:You Rebel folks need to go ahead and get Dawson to commit to Kentucky.

Best of luck to the Rebels in '10!

From what I have heard Lamar likes Kentucky's new headcoach Joker, + the Chuck Smith connection only helps more. :Thumbs: What remains to be seen is how many other colleges will make offers outside of this aera. Kentucky needs to get him signed soon IMO.
Congratulations! Thats really impressive...and well deserved! Just looking at the guy is intimidating enough.

One question, though. On the Courier Journal entry, it has his bench press labeled at 250 lbs, which seems a bit low considering his size and build. I was wondering if there was a typo there or something, because Dawson looks like he could press at least 350.

Regardless, even if he can't pick up the bar, you can't mistake his presence on the field. Here is wishing him good luck next season, and hoping that he gets to see us on the same field once more. :wink:

-scorp
Lone Oak Shocker Wrote:Congratulations! Thats really impressive...and well deserved! Just looking at the guy is intimidating enough.

One question, though. On the Courier Journal entry, it has his bench press labeled at 250 lbs, which seems a bit low considering his size and build. I was wondering if there was a typo there or something, because Dawson looks like he could press at least 350.

Regardless, even if he can't pick up the bar, you can't mistake his presence on the field. Here is wishing him good luck next season, and hoping that he gets to see us on the same field once more. :wink:

-scorp

250lbs bench is enough to tackle someone IMO. But you're right about the fact that you cannot mistake his presence on the field.
Whoops...sorry. I meant to post that in the thread concerning Lamar Dawson getting All-American honors.

Regardless, though, he was still plenty strong enough to get tackle...after tackle...after tackle. He just seems like he would be able to lift a truck, though. Our main running back this year, Matt Starks, was about 185 lbs, 5'11, and I believe was benching 360 before a shoulder injury, in which he regressed to at least 315. And Dawson looked a LOT stouter than Starks.

-scorp
Jackson05 Wrote:Just a random question, but how many coaches does Boyle County have on staff? And how many of those are in the building? Thanks.

Check out http://www.boylecountyrebelsfootball.com

and you can see all of the coaches and I will tell you all but 3 are in the school. I think.
Augie Garrido Wrote:Will they run the same style of offense, now that Macshara is gone. When you dress nearly 90 players, you have considerable talent and depth to battle for roles.

Dawson and Hester were the next 2 RB's, to Macshara and they had over 300 yds each. Will Hale take over for Goldsmith next season?

Does anyone know?
El Indio Wrote:Does anyone know?

They might open it up a little more like they did 2 years ago when Mason was the QB, Aumiller was the TE and McShera was the RB. Larry always prefers to run but is not afraid of throwing it around if the talent and tools are there. :Thumbs:
El Indio Wrote:Does anyone know?

Yes, Hale will take over for Goldsmith. I am looking forward to watching him play and I think he will surprise a lot of people this year.
We enjoyed a great season watching Rees "Mr Football" MacShara run the ball, giving us a highlight reel. He was fun to watch, but he was NOT the team. The O-line did tremendous at getting their blocks & the WRs blocked good. When we had to pass, we did. It was effective enough for what we did...

This years team will be as good as the defense takes them. We have 'key' players to replace at key positions. Cox, Cook, Dawson, and Hester all will see time carrying the ball, IMO. The coaches know what Cox brings to the table and if not for Rees last year everyone else would too. They wanted him to concentrate at CB, cause that's where they needed him. He did it and improved throughout the season. I believe, it'll be his turn next year. Hale will take over at QB. He is a better throwing QB than Boone was last year. So, this could improve our passing game. The biggest hole(s) to fill? The 3 spots on the O-line left by the three Srs last year. If those can be filled, then our offense will be ok...... Defensively, we need someone to step up at the CB opposite Cox and at Safety. Need a couple of D-linemen to replace our loss of Aumiller up front. If those roles are filled, then the D will be great.

Lookin forward to a great season... Can we start playin today!?
PurplePride92 Wrote:Yes, Hale will take over for Goldsmith. I am looking forward to watching him play and I think he will surprise a lot of people this year.

Who will back up Hale as the #2 QB? Do they have any depth there?
I heard on another site that Lamar Dawson went to the UofL spring game, and not the Uk spring game. Please Boyle Co. fans....dont let this card go to UofL.
The Iceboxx Wrote:I heard on another site that Lamar Dawson went to the UofL spring game, and not the Uk spring game. Please Boyle Co. fans....dont let this card go to UofL.

Boyle has had a pipeline in the Chuck Smith days to UL.
Hatz Wrote:Boyle has had a pipeline in the Chuck Smith days to UL.

Is it a bigger pipeline than Chuck Smith being the LB coach at UK, the position that Dawson plays?
RebelPride Wrote:Who will back up Hale as the #2 QB? Do they have any depth there?

My guess would be Hester (JR) as the backup QB. Then, Whittle (Soph) would be the 3rd QB. We shall see...
Could we see a Florida type offense this year??? With Hale throwing and Hester running. This approach would be new at Boyle, but, could make the Rebels more deadly than ever.

Just food for thought.:Clap:
SportzAnimal Wrote:My guess would be Hester (JR) as the backup QB. Then, Whittle (Soph) would be the 3rd QB. We shall see...

I kinda think that on day one that Hester will be number 2 but as the season progresses i think a new player named Hastings will become the number 2. I think Hester will be on day one just because of the understanding of the offense. Just my opinion.
64black&gold Wrote:I kinda think that on day one that Hester will be number 2 but as the season progresses i think a new player named Hastings will become the number 2. I think Hester will be on day one just because of the understanding of the offense. Just my opinion.

I agree with that. I forgot about Hastings comin out this year...
SportzAnimal Wrote:I agree with that. I forgot about Hastings comin out this year...

Yeah he's more of a pure qb. He has better passing form than Hester just needs to learn the offense more. Of course Hester could play almost any position on the field except for tackle so you know he's there if needed.
True. Has anyone seen a schedule, yet?
I don't have the dates but the only thing different from last year as of right now is Franklin Co instead of Rock in the Bob Allen Bowl and Corbin instead of Pikeville in the Corbin Bowl. There may be a couple of games switched up but these are the teams.

Johnson Central
Corbin
Franklin Co.
Mercer
Danville
Lafayette
Lex Cath.
West Jess.
East Jess.
Christian County.
DATE OPPONENT LOCATION TIME
8/20/10 Johnson Central Away 7:30
8/28/10 Franklin Co. @ Danville Away 7:30
9/4/10 CFalls Classic - Corbin Away 7:30
9/10/10 OPEN
9/17/10 Mercer Co. Home 7:30
9/24/10 Danville Home 7:30
10/1/10 Lafayette Away 7:30
10/8/10 Lexington Catholic Away 7:30
10/15/10 West Jessamine Away 7:30
10/22/10 East Jessamine Home 7:30
10/29/10 Christian County Home 7:30
11/5/10 Play-1st Rd
11/12/10 Play-2nd Rd
11/19/10 Reginonal Championship
11/26/10 Semi-Finals
12/3-4/10 State Championship
Thanx! Looks like some tough games. Hope we're ready...
BlackcatAlum Wrote:You Rebel folks need to go ahead and get Dawson to commit to Kentucky.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong or mistaken... I think Dawson is a UK 'lean'. Just think Joker and Co. need to show that they can keep winning after Brooks departure. My belief is he's just enjoying his recruitment and I don't blame him. Soak it up! Louisville may have come into the picture with the hiring of Charlie Strong. He also is interested in Notre Dame, after making several trips up there. IMO...his Top 3: 1)UK 2)ND 3)UL

I know, if I or one of my kids were, in the same position of getting interest from some top colleges. I would and would encourage my kids to enjoy the process. You may know where ya wanna go, but take the visits and let'em spoil you. It's a once in a lifetime oppurtunity...live it up!
SportzAnimal Wrote:Someone can correct me if I'm wrong or mistaken... I think Dawson is a UK 'lean'. Just think Joker and Co. need to show that they can keep winning after Brooks departure. My belief is he's just enjoying his recruitment and I don't blame him. Soak it up! Louisville may have come into the picture with the hiring of Charlie Strong. He also is interested in Notre Dame, after making several trips up there. IMO...his Top 3: 1)UK 2)ND 3)UL

I know, if I or one of my kids were, in the same position of getting interest from some top colleges. I would and would encourage my kids to enjoy the process. You may know where ya wanna go, but take the visits and let'em spoil you. It's a once in a lifetime oppurtunity...live it up!

no matter which college he choses everyone will he his name come saturday he will be a star
SportzAnimal Wrote:Someone can correct me if I'm wrong or mistaken... I think Dawson is a UK

I agree. I believe he has at the present time 9 college offers. Kentucky, Louisville, Cincinnatti, Western Kentucky, Purdue, Stanford, Northwestern, Illinois, and Texas Tech.

Why rush, you never know what school could come calling before the next signing period.
I think UK has a pretty good chance unless Florida or Alabama offers.
....or Florida State. Heard he's a big Seminole fan, but not 100% sure. I just really think he wants to play in the SEC. If ya wanna be the best ya gotta play with the best...the SEC is the best conference, hands down
Rebel55 Wrote:DATE OPPONENT LOCATION TIME
8/20/10 Johnson Central Away 7:30
8/28/10 Franklin Co. @ Danville Away 7:30
9/4/10 CFalls Classic - Corbin Away 7:30
9/10/10 OPEN
9/17/10 Mercer Co. Home 7:30
9/24/10 Danville Home 7:30
10/1/10 Lafayette Away 7:30
10/8/10 Lexington Catholic Away 7:30
10/15/10 West Jessamine Away 7:30
10/22/10 East Jessamine Home 7:30
10/29/10 Christian County Home 7:30