• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the Middlesboro job open?
Not trying to start a rumor, just saw it on another site. Can anyone confirm or deny?
I heard that today also but I don't know if its true
what other site was that?
Kentucky Preps
It is open. I would expect offical word coming on monday or tuesday.
William Muney Wrote:It is open. I would expect offical word coming on monday or tuesday.

I heard that it is true from some people very close to the program.
what happened to Kenny Roark?
Ive head a lot of rumors. Heard Roark to PCC, then Haddix got the job.
Any News on what is going on?
The Iceboxx Wrote:Ive head a lot of rumors. Heard Roark to PCC, then Haddix got the job.

From what I have been he should have taken that job.
Kenny Roark never had the job @ PCC they withdrew the offer go figure......
I heard he waited to long to make a decision. When someone gives you a time frame, I guess you might want to make a decision and not put it off or things like this happen. You can only say, I'll tell you in the next couple of days so many times before they go elsewhere.
So what does that have to do with him supposedly being let go at Middlesboro?
False Kenny turned down PCC,his son didnt wanta come too PCC so they made a good move and Hired Justin Haddix,which will make them proud they did...Haddix is a quality youngman and people will see this as soon as the season starts,kids really like him,very knowledgable of the total game and very much a people person and loves kids that wants to work and play the game,he is hoping 70-80 kids will show up and dress out for the team this season....
Csportsman11 Wrote:False Kenny turned down PCC,his son didnt wanta come too PCC so they made a good move and Hired Justin Haddix,which will make them proud they did...Haddix is a quality youngman and people will see this as soon as the season starts,kids really like him,very knowledgable of the total game and very much a people person and loves kids that wants to work and play the game,he is hoping 70-80 kids will show up and dress out for the team this season....

I am sure Kenny could stay and teach but he may want to retire. Does anyone know how much time he has? I would say close to 30 years.
HAT51 Wrote:I am sure Kenny could stay and teach but he may want to retire. Does anyone know how much time he has? I would say close to 30 years.

Pretty sure he isn't that close to retirement yet. He spent most all of the '80s coaching college ball at Union and Tennessee Wesleyan, I think.

Could be off by a couple years, but I think he started coaching high school around '89 or '90.
This would have to be pretty big news in Middlesboro. Roark has been there a long time and won a state title. Does anyone have a link to a newspaper article on this? Is everyone 100% sure? Was it planned with another coach waiting in the wings or was this a sudden move by him or the school?
HAT51 Your information is incorrect. Kenny played it out for as long as he could until his time run out and the offer was no longer there as for the other question Kenny Roark was fired on Friday!!!! Long over due
Will his son stay and play for Middlesboro?
Mama Bear Wrote:Will his son stay and play for Middlesboro?

It is thought that he will.
Dungy Wrote:This would have to be pretty big news in Middlesboro. Roark has been there a long time and won a state title. Does anyone have a link to a newspaper article on this? Is everyone 100% sure? Was it planned with another coach waiting in the wings or was this a sudden move by him or the school?

This happened Friday and the paper is always a few days behind. Plus they don't print one on Mondays. If it's not in tomorrow's (Tuesday) paper then they are obviously trying to keep it quiet.

Personally, I think that this has been coming ever since the new superintendent and principal came in. There are issues both on and off the field and I guess things finally came to a head.

Plus I heard that the boys basketball coach is also gone.
d2hoopsfan Wrote:This happened Friday and the paper is always a few days behind. Plus they don't print one on Mondays. If it's not in tomorrow's (Tuesday) paper then they are obviously trying to keep it quiet.

Personally, I think that this has been coming ever since the new superintendent and principal came in. There are issues both on and off the field and I guess things finally came to a head.

Plus I heard that the boys basketball coach is also gone.

I heard the Basketball coach resigned so he could be the AD.
d2hoopsfan is correct. Kenny over the past three or four years is been holding on by very small threads.If your players do not respect you how can anyone else. I hope Middlesboro football will be able to get the pride back.
yellowdog58 Wrote:d2hoopsfan is correct. Kenny over the past three or four years is been holding on by very small threads.If your players do not respect you how can anyone else. I hope Middlesboro football will be able to get the pride back.
It will take awhile because it's been beaten into the ground. That's usually what happens before a change is made. It's a long road back for them.
easyM Wrote:It will take awhile because it's been beaten into the ground. That's usually what happens before a change is made. It's a long road back for them.

:Thumbs: It will take a while not much coming up at all.
yellowdog58 Wrote:HAT51 Your information is incorrect. Kenny played it out for as long as he could until his time run out and the offer was no longer there as for the other question Kenny Roark was fired on Friday!!!! Long over due

Yellowdog, I don't recall giving any information. I asked a question and simply wanted it answered. Don't sound like you are a Roark fan. Sometimes people forget the great things he has done for Middlesboro.
No i am Not a Kenny Roark fan and i bet you have a great high school football coach if not we have one that is looking for a job.One more thing I played for him and it was not fun to watch a man that you looked to as a child to see what he really was when you became the player and he was the coach.
yellowdog58 Wrote:no i am not a kenny roark fan and i bet you have a great high school football coach if not we have one that is looking for a job.one more thing i played for him and it was not fun to watch a man that you looked to as a child to see what he really was when you became the player and he was the coach.

wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This makes it official.

http://www.middlesborodailynews.com/view...e-Roark-ou
I have known this forever and everybody said I was lying. The thread I started a long time ago even got closed. When will people realize I know what im talking about. The head Boys Basketball Coach also resigned.
  • 1(current)
  • Next