Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 67 - West Jessamine 54 (Sweet 16 Quarterfinals)
Final.
They scared me at the beginning...Glad to see the Wildcats move onto the Final Four!!
Grats on the win SV
Good job West Jessamine on a well fought game, nothing to hang your heads about.
Congrats Valley!
Way to go Wildcats! Final Four baby!

We all knew Polson would bring it today, but Elisha responded well.
Congrats Valley
Way to go.........Big Valley Cats!!!!!! Way to hang in there and fight.You have a below par game and still pull out the win......amazing!!!
Go Valley
Whos next? And is there any website where I can watch the next game?
Congratulations Wildcats on extending your season at least one more game.You did have a slow start but you did what you had to do and that is to keep fighting.Get some rest tonight and be ready for another battle tomorrow morning.We are extremely proud of you !!
Congrats SV on a great win. i looked like this most of the game:yikes: get some rest and go to the finals 2mar night. GO BIG BLUE :flame:
Great game from EJ and crew!! Great job Ramey! Keep the train moving, but try not to move so slow in the morning.... The top bracket is wearing each other out.
Congratulations to the entire Shelby Valley team. Beginning of the year I caught a lot of flac because of the confidence I had in you guys, especially Elisha Justice. I predicted final 16 and lo an behold you guys are two wins past that for the first time in Shelby Valley history, last year you guys won the first game in SV history in the Sweet 16. You guys have caused me to pop two buttons off my shirt today and you are not through yet. Stay healthy and leave it all on the floor tomorrow! Go Wildcats, Go EJ!
Congrats to Shelby Valley on a tough win over a very good West Jessamine team!

I listened to this game, and here's how it went. Both teams came out of the gate slowly, with neither team shooting well early on. The first quarter ended with a score of only 10-9, SV.

West Jess owned the second quarter, as they began to heat up while Valley stayed ice cold. West Jess actually had a lead of 18-10 early in the second, the largest lead they would have the entire game. However, SV began to chip away at the lead, and managed to cut the lead to 26-24 at the break. The key shot was a three by Elisha Justice right before the buzzer, which cut the lead to two and gave SV all the momentum going into the locker room.

The momentum would continue into the third quarter, as Valley's shooting continued to heat up while the Colts began to cool off. Polson tried to single-handedly keep West Jess in the game, but Justice matched him point-for-point. By the end of the third, Valley had extended out to a 43-36 lead.

The fourth quarter was more of the same as Polson and Justice both continued to play well, but Valley gradually increased the lead to 13. As the shots for West Jess stopped falling, they had to resort to fouling, and SV spent most of the last 3 minutes of the game on the foul line. A couple of missed front ends of one-and-ones allowed the Colts to cut the lead down to 8, but it would get no closer than that.

In summary, Polson proved to be a tremendous player with great heart, but Justice played well too, slightly winning the statistical battle between the two. In addition, SV's supporting cast outplayed West Jess's, and thus the 13 point win.

Congrats to West Jessamine on a great season and to again to SV on the win. Good luck tomorrow morning!
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Good job Valley..
belfrysteeler Wrote:Whos next? And is there any website where I can watch the next game?

yes on the khsaa but there delayed.
IMO Taylor is the x factor for this team. If he plays well then they will advance. Elisha is going to get his points but Taylor and Tyler have to play well also.
Very proud of these guys. They have played very well over the past 2 days. With the exception of the 1st half tonight, they have played good enough to beat anyone. No matter what happens tomorrow, everyone is so proud of them. Great game by Elisha and Taylor, and Ramey played big in the 2nd half.
As far as the head to head matchup of Justice and Polson went, I'd say draw. Perhaps even a slight edge to Polson. However, SV has a complete cast, and I look for them to be playing Saturday evening for the whole shooting match. Don't think Mason can beat them.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Very proud of these guys. They have played very well over the past 2 days. With the exception of the 1st half tonight, they have played good enough to beat anyone. No matter what happens tomorrow, everyone is so proud of them. Great game by Elisha and Taylor, and Ramey played big in the 2nd half.

100% correct. We would all love for them to win state, but I will be more than happy with whatever they bring home. These boys are the end to a SPECIAL group, and EKY will realize that in a few years.
OU812 Wrote:As far as the head to head matchup of Justice and Polson went, I'd say draw. Perhaps even a slight edge to Polson. However, SV has a complete cast, and I look for them to be playing Saturday evening for the whole shooting match. Don't think Mason can beat them.

I don't know about this. Maybe it looked that way because Polson had to do it all for his team to have a chance, but Elisha outscored him and SV won the game, I can't agree with you that Polson played better.
I wonder if any "new" opportunities will arise after the State Tourney for Polson. I read somewhere that he was considering Centre and Cedarville in OH.
LCDawg Wrote:I wonder if any "new" opportunities will arise after the State Tourney for Polson. I read somewhere that he was considering Centre and Cedarville in OH.

Deserves whatever he gets. Heck of a player.
Mississippi State's Rick Stansbury was there to watch him according the announcers today.
LCDawg Wrote:Mississippi State's Rick Stansbury was there to watch him according the announcers today.

Dang, now that's pretty big time.
you make us proud wildcats! go valley go! we are behind you all the way! only one day of b-ball left...let's not ever have to say "if we wouldve" or "we really shouldve". play your game and do your thing!
Talked to some people at the game and they said he was going to Miss. State.
Polson was better than I realized, would still take Justice, but Polson does not have the supporting cast Elisha does, but Polson kept his team in the game.
Not sure what level he can play in College, but he sure is shifty and hit the outside J when you played him for the drive
Polson was the best player on the floor tonight. He is going to Georgetown College. He making a good decision.
Great job Valley.
Congrats SV