Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knott County Central Football
I heard from some friends from Knott it is going to be Jay Cobb. A absolute homer run i believe. He is the only one to ever have a winning seasons in the programs history. If this is true great job by the Superintendent and Principle. Knott may not win the district but they will be very competitive quickly. (year number 2 if not sooner).
pay now Wrote:I heard from some friends from Knott it is going to be Jay Cobb. A absolute homer run i believe. He is the only one to ever have a winning seasons in the programs history. If this is true great job by the Superintendent and Principle. Knott may not win the district but they will be very competitive quickly. (year number 2 if not sooner).
He is a very good coach, but I think it will take 4-5 years before KCC very competitive against the upper-tier teams on their schedule. They may have a turnaround in wins and losses quickly, but only because they do not have the toughest schedule. Good luck KCC!
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Sounds like Cobb has the job and former Knott QB Slone going back with him. Don't understand the move for Slone however. He was OC at Somerset but I can't see Cobb giving up play calling duties to him at Knott. Best of luck!!!!
Was Slone the Offensive Coordinator this past season at Somerset? Slone will go wherever Cobb ends up at.. He has been Cobbs right hand man for about ten years now. He was an assistant at Knott when Cobb was there and followed him to Somerset when Cobb took that job. Who else would Cobb have as assistants if he does get hired at Knott?
Yes Slone was the OC this past year for the first time. Prior to that Jay was HC and OC with Slone coaching Offensive skills including QB's. Kevin knows Jay's O inside and out and will do a fine job. I hate loosing him but Somerset will be fine.
I don't think Coach Slone will be coming back. From what I understand his job is in Somerset and he owns a house there also. I Don't know if he could comute two and a half hours. It would be great to have him back though.