Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville's Coach: Bart Williams
mullinstiger55 Wrote:billie rowe is basically the head coach. i mean his youngest son played the whole every game. yeah he can shoot alright but i dont think he can handle being a PG leader

play the kids who are better!!!!
This is just a silly, immature post!
You're taking a good thread with some good discussion and adding garbage!:boosign::lame:
mullinstiger55 Wrote:billie rowe is basically the head coach. i mean his youngest son played the whole every game. yeah he can shoot alright but i dont think he can handle being a PG leader

play the kids who are better!!!!
This is a silly, immature post! You're taking a good thread with some good discussions and adding garbage!:boosign::lame:
This whole thread is immature and foolish. Bart Williams is a good coach and even better man. As mentioned before, at Pikeville, it is far more than just being a basketball coach. You are a teacher and valuable member of the community. I have a direct inside source into the high school, and I don't hear too many grumblings, though they may exist. At Pikeville, it is more about the academics as it should be. Like the NCAA athletics commmercial says, most of these kids will be going pro in something other than sports. If it his time to go be let go as the coach, so be it. But let's stop this foolish speculation and let the Pikeville administration handle this on their own.

This thread should be shut down this is neither fair to Bart or his family.
buster Wrote:how soon can you take him we can help pack FYI football has districy many times how many has he won

Gladly take him today! I am sure you will grumble about the packing that you didn't get to do as much or someone else was better at it than you! That Bart didn't pack right! You could have done it better! :thatsfunn

Yes those districy(we usually call it district) championships are something to be proud of! That is one tough football district! :lmao:
fred taylor Wrote:What has Bart accomplished at pikeville? He can't even get to the Regionals.
When was the last time in Pikeville history under any Coach that they went 3 years without going to the regional tournament?

And talent wise he had more talent this year than any other team in the region except SV.

I'm sure some of the kids like playing for him but they are just as many don't like playing for him as do like playing for him.

2 out of his starting 5 this year has quit before the first 2 off his bench has quit before i know of at least 2 more on the team has quit. look who all has quit in the past danial harmon,devon adams just to name a few. look at the kids that played and now won't play clark keene,randy maynard,josh tackett,reese ward etc. WHY!!!!! this should tell the administration something

:yikes::lmao:

Are we on fantasy island? Where is da plane?
Eagle Eye Wrote::yikes::lmao:

Are we on fantasy island? Where is da plane?

I guess JC had the second most talent and BTW the coach isnt JC's problem.
I think if the parents of some of the players and the "politics" of Pikeville High School would leave Bart alone and let him do his job that they would be a better team. Not to mention, the no hold back rule really hurts the program b/c every year Virgie and Dorton hold back their kids, but Pikeville can't in jr. high. I hope Bart gets things back on track b/c he's a good guy.:biggrin:
I agree. Just leave him alone and let him coach. Most schools in this region (or state) for that matter, would love to have this seasons record at P.H.S. Not only that,they would take a quality coach such as him any time!
Pikeville's academic success speaks volumes. We all know that for a fact. We in the Pikeville community appreciate that. But Imo, this seems to be the most anti athletic adm. i've ever seen . This -no hold back - policy definitely needs to be changed. Until then it's continuously going to hurt the program Imo.
One of the best coaches around!!! This is unfair to him!!!
Big Five-0- Wrote:Pikeville's academic success speaks volumes. We all know that for a fact. We in the Pikeville community appreciate that. But Imo, this seems to be the most anti athletic adm. i've ever seen . This -no hold back - policy definitely needs to be changed. Until then it's continuously going to hurt the program Imo.
AMEN!!! If Green stays in there much longer sports at Pikeville will be a thing of the past Im afraid.
Commanche Wrote:I guess JC had the second most talent and BTW the coach isnt JC's problem.

JC did have the second most potentially talented team in the region, love to see Bart come back home and fix the mess at JC.
fred taylor Wrote:Does it really matter what kind of talent Bart Williams has? If he would have had Shelby Valley the past 3 years they would have fell apart some would have quit or transfered. The truth is the kids do not have any respect for him,he has lost respect from all the players and the kids don't trust him. They are more talent walking the halls of pikeville than on the team that love basketball but will not play because of Bart. Maybe this will open the eyes of the administration and they will take heed to all the complaints they have had on him and make a change.
I know for a fact there was a kid with one of the sweetist shoots I have every seen from a young man . Went to school at pikeville from another school to play sports . I asked him why he was not playing basketball .He said the coach took his shoot and would not play for the man.
bluebloodedcatfan Wrote:I know for a fact there was a kid with one of the sweetist shoots I have every seen from a young man . Went to school at pikeville from another school to play sports . I asked him why he was not playing basketball .He said the coach took his shoot and would not play for the man.
I wouldnt happen to be related to this kid would I?Wink
What is the biggest, rumor going around town. That is alot of pressure to step into.
scotty doesn't know Wrote:what is the biggest, rumor going around town. That is alot of pressure to step into.

rumor??????????????????????
Skyhawk Wrote:Yep, and probably 8th or 9th in the region.

Johnson Central
Betsy Layne
Pike Central
Lawrence Co.
Belfry

All have not just a little, BUT A TON more talent in every grade from 6th -11th.

:lmao:
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:What is the biggest, rumor going around town. That is alot of pressure to step into.

?????
Big Five-0- Wrote:?????

This thread is hearsay and has run its course. Close it please!
JC would be great for Bart I sure hope he goes.
how has it hurt Pikeville? they are alot of kids on pikevilles basketball team that have been held back. anthony evans,taylor ratliff,devon burchett was a hold back. check the ages and see how many will be 19 there senior year.
fred taylor Wrote:JC would be great for Bart I sure hope he goes.

Be careful what you wish for. That is a dangerous combo. And A lot of young talent would possibly be exiting Pikeville. I know you can't let a coach hold a program hostage because of things like that, but it would only be hurting the situation worse.
North Carolina Fan Wrote:rumor??????????????????????

I guess if it is not rumor than it is truth. I was just wondering what people around Pikeville was hearing.
If...Then Wrote::lmao:

Whats so funny?

The teams he listed have more talent in their feeders than Pikeville does, no question.

Bart is a very good coach, some from Pikeville better be careful on running him out.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I guess if it is not rumor than it is truth. I was just wondering what people around Pikeville was hearing.

Only time will tell.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:What is the biggest, rumor going around town. That is alot of pressure to step into.

NEXT Wrote:Whats so funny?

The teams he listed have more talent in their feeders than Pikeville does, no question.

Bart is a very good coach, some from Pikeville better be careful on running him out.

Agreed.
Just wondering if anyone has any information about the coaching position at Pikeville High School. Is Williams coming back for the 2010-11 season? Looks like some other coaching positions in the 15th Region are changing for next season.
Eagle Eye Wrote:Gladly take him today! I am sure you will grumble about the packing that you didn't get to do as much or someone else was better at it than you! That Bart didn't pack right! You could have done it better! :thatsfunn

Yes those districy(we usually call it district) championships are something to be proud of! That is one tough football district! :lmao:

Sorry about the spelling and run on sentence. I was so excited that JC wanted our coach I over looked these.
Does Bart Know what Pleasurism is?
fred taylor Wrote:Does Bart Know what Pleasurism is?
GIVE IT UP! No one has said anything meaningful in this thread in over 3 weeks and you just have to bump it. WE GET IT! You despise Bart Williams. Keep it in your diary from now on.