•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is the MVP?
runninrebs21 Wrote:and who for the cavs scored 20 in the all star game this year? NOBODY. LeBron was the only all star from Cleveland. Westbrook is 10 times better than Mo Williams. He gets Durant a lot of easy shots. You can make the argument that Durant might be as good of a scorer as LeBron, but LeBron is the MVP and the better all around player.

He is a better player, im not arguing he is good my friend. I'm simply saying with what he has done this year, with basically NO ONE on his team he deserves the MVP. Im sure Lebron will get it many times in his career, this year though should go to Kevin.
You can't say he has nobody on his team. Durant should definitely be in the MVP conversation, but there is no way he is the MVP over LeBron. I am a huge Durant fan, and think he is the 3rd or 4th best player in the NBA, but it isn't even close.
runninrebs21 Wrote:You can't say he has nobody on his team. Durant should definitely be in the MVP conversation, but there is no way he is the MVP over LeBron. I am a huge Durant fan, and think he is the 3rd or 4th best player in the NBA, but it isn't even close.

It may not be, I just feel like he deserves it. I mean he has improved a great deal and just really impressed me this year.
And some of you are acting like Durant has took that team to the number 1 seed in the playoff race or something. They are 6th, and only 1 game up from being in 8th.. 2 games from being out of the playoffs. I know the west is tough, but that still isn't all that great.
He has improved a TON this year, I agree.. But this isn't the most improved award..
And on a side note.. Durant's streak of 25+ games just ended in their loss to the Spurs. He finished with 21 points tonight.
runninrebs21 Wrote:And on a side note.. Durant's streak of 25+ games just ended in their loss to the Spurs. He finished with 21 points tonight.

Well I hate to hear that. He was on a pretty good streak.
Yes he was, but I knew he wouldn't catch MJ's record of 40 straight. He was on a tear though.
runninrebs21 Wrote:Yes he was, but I knew he wouldn't catch MJ's record of 40 straight. He was on a tear though.

LOL no. I dont see anyone catching Jordans. I thought he would reach 30 though.
In my opinion I think its between lebron James and Kevin Durant
runninrebs21 Wrote:I think it is funny when people guarantee that a team will or will not win a championship.. I honestly don't see the Magic or Celtics beating the Cavs in a 7 game series this year. I honestly don't see anyone out West beating the Lakers in a 7 game series. LeBron is by far the MVP, Durant is a distant 2nd. I think the Lakers and Cavs will be in the finals with it going 7 games.

http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...=cavaliers
Check that out lol.
didnt Magic sleep the Cavs this year. 2-0. am I right, or is this my bad lol..
NYY10 Wrote:didnt Magic sleep the Cavs this year. 2-0. am I right, or is this my bad lol..

1-1.. Cavs won once early in the season, and Magic won vs Cavs last Sunday.
NYY10 Wrote:didnt Magic sleep the Cavs this year. 2-0. am I right, or is this my bad lol..

Wildcatk23 Wrote:http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...=cavaliers
Check that out lol.

Yea, they didn't see Magic winning the East last year either did they?
K_Mac Wrote:He is a better player, im not arguing he is good my friend. I'm simply saying with what he has done this year, with basically NO ONE on his team he deserves the MVP. Im sure Lebron will get it many times in his career, this year though should go to Kevin.

I agree. Durant is actually taking this team places.. They have a winning record and will most likely be in the playoffs for the first time in franchise history. Durant packs that team on his back and definitley deserves MVP. Lebron has all-stars on his team, Durant has noone.

As for Lebron, last year the Cavs entered the playoffs with the best record in the East to be shot down by a tough Magic team who also took out the Celtics.. I actually see it happening again with them having Vince Carter in place of Turkolu. That's just not MVP material to me. Lebron is a great player, he just has a lot of growing to do, as for Durant he's mature and knows how to play.
I certainly still believe Durant is the most deserving candidate. Kobe hasn't got it in years passed because he had surrounding players that helped make his team good. Lebron has that this year and doesnt deserve it. Durant has no one and leads his team single-handedly IMO to the playoffs.
Ballers Wrote:I agree. Durant is actually taking this team places.. They have a winning record and will most likely be in the playoffs for the first time in franchise history. Durant packs that team on his back and definitley deserves MVP. Lebron has all-stars on his team, Durant has noone.

As for Lebron, last year the Cavs entered the playoffs with the best record in the East to be shot down by a tough Magic team who also took out the Celtics.. I actually see it happening again with them having Vince Carter in place of Turkolu. That's just not MVP material to me. Lebron is a great player, he just has a lot of growing to do, as for Durant he's mature and knows how to play.

Ok everyone knows im a lebron hater! OMG LOL.

But what are u talking about in that last sentence?
Ballers Wrote:1-1.. Cavs won once early in the season, and Magic won vs Cavs last Sunday.

No you are both wrong, the Cavs won twice this year against Orlando, once away and once home. Then the Magic won the other night. And to the guy that said Durant is mature and LeBron has growing to do, wow you must watch a ton of NBA.
runninrebs21 Wrote:No you are both wrong, the Cavs won twice this year against Orlando, once away and once home. Then the Magic won the other night. And to the guy that said Durant is mature and LeBron has growing to do, wow you must watch a ton of NBA.

Have to agree with you.
If Durant can get OKC a 4th or higher seen in the West then I'd maybe consider him as an MVP, but right now I'd take Lebron.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:If Durant can get OKC a 4th or higher seen in the West then I'd maybe consider him as an MVP, but right now I'd take Lebron.

Well there 5th. So u mean one more spot makes that big of a difference? the bottom 4 in both confrences are seperated by only like 1 game or 2.
K_Mac Wrote:Well there 5th. So u mean one more spot makes that big of a difference? the bottom 4 in both confrences are seperated by only like 1 game or 2.

For him to score 25+ for as many games as he did and take OKC from nothing to something or put them in the top half of the West is very impressive.

The West is much stronger than the East and with him doing this basically by himself, is quite amazing.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:For him to score 25+ for as many games as he did and take OKC from nothing to something or put them in the top half of the West is very impressive.

The West is much stronger than the East and with him doing this basically by himself, is quite amazing.

Definantly amazing. And he isnt cocky, he has a good attitude about the game, he shows respect, he is a player I would have on my team any day of the week. If OKC can give Durant a supporting cast, they could be dangerous.

Durant - MVP
Someone should post stats this year for Lebron and Durant, I would just like to compare. I'm not altogether sure what they are. I predict Durant leading in pts and reb. and Lebron in assists. but idk??
LeBron is leading in almost every category over Durant. Slightly in points, about 1/2 less reb a game, about 6 more assists per game, and more steals. AND his team has a better record, AND the Thunder are 6th in the West not 5th. Here are the stats

LeBron- 30.0 Pts, 7.1 rebs, 8.5 assists, 1.63 steals
Durant- 29.7 pts, 7.6 rebs, 2.9 assists, 1.39 steals
runninrebs21 Wrote:LeBron is leading in almost every category over Durant. Slightly in points, about 1/2 less reb a game, about 6 more assists per game, and more steals. AND his team has a better record, AND the Thunder are 6th in the West not 5th. Here are the stats

LeBron- 30.0 Pts, 7.1 rebs, 8.5 assists, 1.63 steals
Durant- 29.7 pts, 7.6 rebs, 2.9 assists, 1.39 steals

dominating Stats doesnt always mean that much when picking mvp. we have learned that in the past selection. Its your teams record and what you do to make your team better. Take steve nash for example.
those stats are so close it shouldnt even be an argument. And I say Durant will get the scoring title, he will lead by the end of the season.
WildcatK23.. you are contradicting yourself.. you are the one that SWEARS D Wade should have got it last year because his stats were slightly better, and you say stats don't lie. Now you are saying stats isn't what decides it, so which is it? LeBron will win the MVP. Durant is 2nd but he is a distant 2nd. Only about 20 games left, I don't see him catching LeBron
Stats never matter with Lebron in the discussion. Last year Wade had better stats, his rookie year Carmello had better stats, they look more at what the guy does for his team. Which, he is a big part of the Cavs. But Durant IS the Thunder. When the Cavs play someone they say "Lebron and the Cavs suit up to take on.." when the Thunder play they should say "Kevin Durant suits up to take on.."
Gotta be Rondo!
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next