•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County 2010
redstorm Wrote:No # 5 and #14 dominated our game, they made every tackle. We couldn't block them at the LB position. We watched the film last week #5 was all over the field. Snare 43 you are right we underachieved all year or maybe after you guys beat our brains in we could get focused for a while.

Now we see how much football you know. The LB'ers ran free b/c the OL was on the LOS and could not get any movement or on the option plays could not get to the 2nd level. All of this was acheivied b/c the 3 DL'men whipped the OL of Whitley like beating a drum. Carton, Brown and Hilton were free to run the field because they were unblocked. Again keep throwing fuel to fire about your knowledge of the game. :yikes:

Maybe you should stick to middle school ball, you may impress at that level with your knowledge. I am a Knox fan but I know first hand what the Bobcats are all about. Year in Year out their OL and DL are dominate. Great Coaching over the years on the LOS for the Bobcats.
You were better than us up front, but not Boyle. You need to watch the film against Boyle. That was the statement from the git-go. Boyle was underman and whipped you up front on both sides of the ball. Knox fan your not, maybe a coach at Bell
redstorm Wrote:You were better than us up front, but not Boyle. You need to watch the film against Boyle. That was the statement from the git-go. Boyle was underman and whipped you up front on both sides of the ball. Knox fan your not, maybe a coach at Bell

Actually played their now at Knox. Boyle ran out side the entire second half nothing up the middle and out coached Bell's Defensive coordinator who is your Hero. He allowed them to out run outside b/c of his lack of adjustments. Not because of the front people. You need to go back and watch the film I was their live and in color.

As I said go back and Coach your middle school big A b/c that is why Coach Black did not want you. Besides someone has to coach and make sure certain kids get to play.
Well, coming from a fellow 4A school but having minimal knowledge of Bell County this season, I must admit: your 2010 team scares the crap out of me. I'm assuming them to be the favorite out of the Eastern 4A teams this year, unless if Lexington Catholic gets a team like they did a few years ago or if Boyle manages to recharge their offense by an even grander scale than the year before.

Of course, they could be misleading and end up like Calloway, but with them only losing a few seniors, I doubt the chances of such a fiasco. Good luck next season, Bobcats!

-Lone Oak Shocker
William Muney Wrote:Actually played their now at Knox. Boyle ran out side the entire second half nothing up the middle and out coached Bell's Defensive coordinator who is your Hero. He allowed them to out run outside b/c of his lack of adjustments. Not because of the front people. You need to go back and watch the film I was their live and in color.

As I said go back and Coach your middle school big A b/c that is why Coach Black did not want you. Besides someone has to coach and make sure certain kids get to play.

I know William Personally, he was a pretty darn good player himself and we wish he was still with us here in the Bell Co.

After the predictions and comments made by Redstorm I would SURELY trust William's thoughts over Redstorms 100 to 1.

Bell has great coaching on the Offensive and Defensive lines. They have been very sucessfull for queit sometime b/c of the big guys on the line and the coaching they recieve.

They have produced multiple All-staters on the line including 3 this year. Compare that with any other team in the state of KY and see what you can come up with.

Bell has a great Coaching staff top to bottom. Ask Coach Hilton and see what he says. Listen to his comments after the games and you will understand. :Clap:

It is much more than a 2 man show at Bell Co. Confusedhh:
I've got a question from Bell County fans about Cory Davenport: is he more of a speed back or a power back? Does he rely more on size and strength to plow through people (like Dominique Hayden), or is he more agile and fast and able to manuever around people (like Rees MacShara)? Just curious.

-scorp
Lone Oak Shocker Wrote:I've got a question from Bell County fans about Cory Davenport: is he more of a speed back or a power back? Does he rely more on size and strength to plow through people (like Dominique Hayden), or is he more agile and fast and able to manuever around people (like Rees MacShara)? Just curious.

-scorp

Good combination of SPEED and POWER with a good mixture of being agile to boot. Not to mention one of the hardest working kids around.
i cant wait till next season
Lets Face it the Bobcats are my favorites to win it in 2010, and alot of peoples. I havent seen them play since when they played Alcoa and Harlan Co. Last year, they did a heck of a job running the football, they have a decent passing game. If Bell can get an improved passing game (there passing game is already a **** of one) then they can probably dominate anyone they play, because most teams wanna stop Davenport, but then Madon could sneak off a pass To Hilton/Davenport, they would be an unstoppable team, there passing game is good right now, but id like to see a balanced game, Hiltons not a fan of that but it would help. The Boyle Co. Game was a good one, except the 2nd half, hopefully the bobcats will be able to pull off victories in 2nd half games next year, not saying they didnt this year, hopefully they can. Im just ready to see Bell and Hilton walking off Western Kentucky Football Field next year with a ring and a trophy.
Can we get this season started now
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I've gotta say, though I live a far distance from the Mountains being here in Paducah, from the clips that I've seen of Cory Davenport, I was blown away.

Here is one of his highlight videos.

I watched this on one of the school laptops today, and was just awestruck. I went into my next hour and showed one of my friends, emphasising that this was a SOPHOMORE that he was watching, and all that he could say was: "holy crap." Impressive 3.9 GPA, too. His speed is unbelievable, and I could very well see him being the best halfback in the state either next year or his senior year.

Here is to wishing Bell County and their awesome RB the best of luck next year. He also gives me some extra hope for our running game next year, as we have a freshman who has stats that are pretty close to what Davenport's were his freshman year. Hopefully we'll get to see each other at state! :Thumbs:
Lone Oak Shocker Wrote:I've gotta say, though I live a far distance from the Mountains being here in Paducah, from the clips that I've seen of Cory Davenport, I was blown away.

Here is one of his highlight videos.

I watched this on one of the school laptops today, and was just awestruck. I went into my next hour and showed one of my friends, emphasising that this was a SOPHOMORE that he was watching, and all that he could say was: "holy crap." Impressive 3.9 GPA, too. His speed is unbelievable, and I could very well see him being the best halfback in the state either next year or his senior year.

Here is to wishing Bell County and their awesome RB the best of luck next year. He also gives me some extra hope for our running game next year, as we have a freshman who has stats that are pretty close to what Davenport's were his freshman year. Hopefully we'll get to see each other at state! :Thumbs:

Would love to see both teams there next year. I've heard some good reports about LO. I have to say they caught me by surprise playing Boyle the way they did. It was like it wasn't real listening to them going up and down the field on Boyle. Boyle had a heck of a defense so that tells me what kind of offensive team LO had. Very impressive! I only hope #5 for Bell comes out and gives it his all this year and we run him as well. This kid is a beast. He is scary good. You talk about a power runner. Shew!!!! And he has speed and quickness to go along with it. He's a man among boys when he wants to be. It's up to him as to how good he can be.
bell is gonna be scary good
Having all those skilled kids don't mean anything if the Lineman don't get better. Bell has a bunch to replace and the young kids better be getting ready by working their butts off. Also the "great" skilled kids need to continue to improve.

Bell could be very good or take a step backward it depends on the drive and work ethic of the players steping up. Knowing those kids I would say they step up and Bell is in the hunt again.
did anyone happen to see the middle school state semi-finals game bell county played against grant
Pride and Football Wrote:Its Bells to lose next year, I See The Younger Davenport going for 2,000 Yards. Should be one or two teams to give them a game, maybe the out west teams, but thats probably all.

Where does Alcoa fit into the schedule? Will they be in the bowl game?
I see Lexington Catholic and Lawrence County threating Bell's hoorah in the playoffs this upcoming season, I think Bell County will easily be district champions and slightly run out of gas in the region finals or the state semi-finals.
rocket01 Wrote:I see Lexington Catholic and Lawrence County threating Bell's hoorah in the playoffs this upcoming season, I think Bell County will easily be district champions and slightly run out of gas in the region finals or the state semi-finals.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!! Rocket is back in 2010!!!!!
man i cant wait
logmountainboy64 Wrote:man i cant wait
Me either
rocket01 Wrote:I see Lexington Catholic and Lawrence County threating Bell's hoorah in the playoffs this upcoming season, I think Bell County will easily be district champions and slightly run out of gas in the region finals or the state semi-finals.

I think he was just joking.
Westside Wrote:I think he was just joking.
Having a sure positive attitude for this great improved Lawrence County team having a shot against Bell County is not considered a joke overall, no offense to your quotation. But I honestly think that Lexington Catholic and Lawrence County will be threating Bell's playoff run....No doubt Bell is a good fundamental team with every stat you can throw at them,they succeed. But the way Lawrence County,Boyle County,Harlan County,Pike Co. Central had really impress me last season and it would not suprise me at all if Lawrence County is a threat especially after going from 0-10 or 0-11 to a impressive 11-1 record last season with alot of talent coming back.
barrel Wrote:Every team has students that either failed at a lower grade level or held back for (mental/emotional) development reasons. Some schools have a larger percentage of students. We all know that in some areas a number of players from a class are heldback. I am not saying Bell Co is one of those areas but let not kid ourselves either. We all know in some areas it is common practice.

I wish the best of luck to Bell and I look forward to seeing the how the freshman develop as Soph.

To my knowlege if you are held back at Boyle its because you didnt make the grades and you failed.ive never heard of a kid being held back at Boyle for mental-emotional reasons.if they have development problems they get help so they dont fall behind.i know holding back use to be common in some schools,but thats why KHSAA came up with the birthday rule to stop schools from cheating.
To clarify why i called holding back cheating,Danville and Harrodsburg use hold back kids a couple of years for football purposes only.when you had kids that are 19 playing kids that were 17 as seniors it gave them a big advantage mentally and physically.and this situation was abused by alot of schools across the state.when KHSAA made the rule changes it slowed this process down a whole lot.
Weren't the coaches sons held back at Boyle? Don't be ashamed of holding kids back. I love the practice and I would do it just for sports and their is nothing wrong with it.
Bell should be loaded this year,i expect to see them in november.
Xerxes Wrote:Weren't the coaches sons held back at Boyle? Don't be ashamed of holding kids back. I love the practice and I would do it just for sports and their is nothing wrong with it.

I dont know of any of the coaches holding thier sons back at Boyle.in my opinion if you hold a child back for sports its cheating.
Cheating? I just don't see it. Goldsmith and Hester check to see....I may be wrong.
Xerxes Wrote:Cheating? I just don't see it. Goldsmith and Hester check to see....I may be wrong.

You are wrong,to give you an example that it dose not happen at Boyle Lamar Dawson will graduate as a 16 year old senior this year.
Don't get excited....a lot of different opinions on the matter. Rules are set and as long as you stay within those rules ...not cheating. We have different views on the matter. I have two kids boy and a girl, both will be held back. Really doesn't matter what others think of it. It is a presonal descision. If 16 is the right age to leave and go to college for his family, then I can not argue it is their choice. Not working for me.
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next