Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher Central 52 Montgomery Co 49
Final from the Joe B. Hall Classic at Montgomery Co.
Congrats to LC, another tough loss by a 10th region team
Congrats Cougars. This is a win that we desperately needed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Against a 9-7 team?
Letcher Central - Eldridge 14, Bays 10, Sexton 10, Whitaker 7, Meade 7, Cornett 4

Montgomery County - Collier 14, Spence 12, Jehlik 11, Cincotta 5, Lausti 4, Taul 3.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Against a 9-7 team?

Whose seven losses were all against good teams. Breathitt is 6-6 but most people would consider a win against them a quality win.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Congrats Cougars. This is a win that we desperately needed.

This makes the Lady Cougars are 16-1 now! Do you know what they're ranked in the state?
courier journal has them 27th Cantrell has them 24th maxpreps 31st
why me Wrote:courier journal has them 27th Cantrell has them 24th maxpreps 31st

hmmmm...i figured at 16-1 that they would be ranked higher than that. I was thinking somewhere around the lines of maybe Top 15 in the State!
Strength of schedule has kept them out of the top 20.Most of the teams in the top 20 have played multiple games against top 20 competition.LCC has played one top 20 team( #19 Franklin Co) and lost.That being said I don't think there is much difference between the #15 team and the #30 ranked team at least in my opion.
why me Wrote:Strength of schedule has kept them out of the top 20.Most of the teams in the top 20 have played multiple games against top 20 competition.LCC has played one top 20 team( #19 Franklin Co) and lost.That being said I don't think there is much difference between the #15 team and the #30 ranked team at least in my opion.

I agree with the exception that this year there is not a lot of difference between the 7th or 8th ranked teams and the 30th ranked team. There is more parity in girls basketball this year then there has ever been. Marion County has shown the most capability of being a dominant program due to their consistency. They are still more vulnerable then teams in the past such as Iroquois, Lexington Catholic, and Sacred Heart. Most of the top 25 teams have lost games they shouldn't have to non- ranked teams. I do agree with your analysis of Letcher Central's rating even though I am an LCC fan. This may be one of the more exciting girls state tournaments in years.
why me Wrote:Strength of schedule has kept them out of the top 20.Most of the teams in the top 20 have played multiple games against top 20 competition.LCC has played one top 20 team( #19 Franklin Co) and lost.That being said I don't think there is much difference between the #15 team and the #30 ranked team at least in my opion.

I agree. Whenever I was making the Top 20 for girls basketball. Myself and another member sorted through about 30 teams to make the top 20. I had to leave out teams like Casey County, South Laurel, Sheldon Clark, etc...

There are several great teams in the state.
They had a bunch of games canceled due to weather. I still feel they level of competition that we will be facing is better than last year. We have to play district, and as far as regional, I think it is good to play these kinds of team to get ready for region. Our strength of schedule is better this year IMO.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]