Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beating Shelby Valley
Is it likely a 15th region all star team could beat the Valley
Well put skaggs, moore, parker, burchett and gatlin clark on a team with some subs like tiller, hobo mccoy, and afew others, with say jonny martin as the coach with say 2 weeks of practice. you could mabey run and score with them but there deffense and size may be to much to handle say if they played 10 times valley would win 7.

so to make a long story short.......Its highly unlikely...imo
central fan Wrote:Well put skaggs, moore, parker, burchett and gatlin clark on a team with some subs like tiller, hobo mccoy, and afew others, with say jonny martin as the coach with say 2 weeks of practice. you could mabey run and score with them but there deffense and size may be to much to handle say if they played 10 times valley would win 7.

so to make a long story short.......Its highly unlikely...imo

57th
BJ Moore(6'0), Cody Parker(6'6), Wade Skaggs(5'11), JK Hall(6'2), Trevor Tiller(6'2)

58th
Michael Burchett(6'3), Shannon Turner(6'6), Nathan Martin(6'4), Dakota Hall(6'3), Jordan Newman(6'5)

59th/60th
Gatlin Clark(5'9), Jake McClanahan(6'8), Korey Fields(?), Hobo McCoy(6'0), Jordan Hairston(5'9)

IMO, this would be a good group of 15.

Give them a month of practice and 2 or 3 scrimmage games.

Coached by Johnny Martin, Jack Pack, and JR. Newsome
uhavenoidea Wrote:57th
BJ Moore(6'0), Cody Parker(6'6), Wade Skaggs(5'11), JK Hall(6'2), Trevor Tiller(6'2)

58th
Michael Burchett(6'3), Shannon Turner(6'6), Nathan Martin(6'4), Dakota Hall(6'3), Jordan Newman(6'5)

59th/60th
Gatlin Clark(5'9), Jake McClanahan(6'8), Korey Fields(?), Hobo McCoy(6'0), Jordan Hairston(5'9)

IMO, this would be a good group of 15.

Give them a month of practice and 2 or 3 scrimmage games.

Coached by Johnny Martin, Jack Pack, and JR. Newsome
these are great players but the still couldnt hande the deffense and the agility and quickness of valley's team.
(ashley hatfeild), (elisha justice), (taylor newsome), (tyler newsome), and (cody varney) that is a tough starting 5 to beat and they also have great talent on the bench side to.
the coaching staff is also a big factor booher and the staff at valley if a good coaching staff.
they cant be beat by anyone... probably not even UK. You guys are silly.
Valley is a great team and I don't think no one in the 15th can play with them, but with that said I also think that people building them up way to much and I just hope they don't get the big head and start looking over teams and get knock out in region. I have seen it happen so many times it isn't funny. I really hope they don't because they will have a real good shot at bring another title back to the mountains and that what I would love to see. I just hope they can stay grounded and level head because the whole mountains will be cheer for them.
I wish I hadnt even viewed this thread so I will only post once. It may be true or may not be but why discuss it? Nothing good can come of this thread. Trust me some SV fans know how fortunate we have been the last ten or so years to have the talent level weve had and also know that it it comes by talent and hard work and it is not always easy especially with our small schools to put those things together.
Bigblue#4 Wrote:Valley is a great team and I don't think no one in the 15th can play with them, but with that said I also think that people building them up way to much and I just hope they don't get the big head and start looking over teams and get knock out in region. I have seen it happen so many times it isn't funny. I really hope they don't because they will have a real good shot at bring another title back to the mountains and that what I would love to see. I just hope they can stay grounded and level head because the whole mountains will be cheer for them.
You are right. But I don't think it is the players that have the big head! The majority of these boys are good Christian young men and are very grounded in their relationship with God. I think it is the fans that get the big head and make arrogant statements that make it look bad on our boys. It is sad that they have to be looked down upon because of their fans comments. It is wonderful to believe in your team and to encourage them but it needs to be done in a tactful way showing good sportsmanship. SV is not a perfect team but they work very hard and have a great chemistry from playing together since they were very young and I just wish people could respect them and give them credit where credit is due instead of being jealous and hating them. They are just kids, and great ones at that. I was so hurt to see people from Pike Co. cheering against our boys during the GA game at the Expo. I thought it showed very poor taste. A very sad sight
!
LCDAWGS19 Wrote:they cant be beat by anyone... probably not even UK. You guys are silly.

Good point.
5timechamp Wrote:I wish I hadnt even viewed this thread so I will only post once. It may be true or may not be but why discuss it? Nothing good can come of this thread. Trust me some SV fans know how fortunate we have been the last ten or so years to have the talent level weve had and also know that it it comes by talent and hard work and it is not always easy especially with our small schools to put those things together.
Very good post!! Go Wildcats today in the All'A'.
mama cat Wrote:You are right. But I don't think it is the players that have the big head! The majority of these boys are good Christian young men and are very grounded in their relationship with God. I think it is the fans that get the big head and make arrogant statements that make it look bad on our boys. It is sad that they have to be looked down upon because of their fans comments. It is wonderful to believe in your team and to encourage them but it needs to be done in a tactful way showing good sportsmanship. SV is not a perfect team but they work very hard and have a great chemistry from playing together since they were very young and I just wish people could respect them and give them credit where credit is due instead of being jealous and hating them. They are just kids, and great ones at that. I was so hurt to see people from Pike Co. cheering against our boys during the GA game at the Expo. I thought it showed very poor taste. A very sad sight
!
Very good post, Mama Cat, I agree with everything you said, we mountain teams should root for each other regardless of who we play, when we have some talent from our small schools we should really support them all the way and keep them and our own Christian values so others can see that. I am very proud of all our EKY teams.
I'm not saying that Valley's not good... they are. I'm not saying they're not the best team easily in the 15th... they are. But saying that a hand-picked team from 20 other schools (ballpark figure) doesn't stand a chance?? Come on now. I agree with mama cat... some of these posts put a lot of pressure on the team to win going away every night. Enjoy what you have. Teams like that dont come around very often.
Bigblue#4 Wrote:Valley is a great team and I don't think no one in the 15th can play with them, but with that said I also think that people building them up way to much and I just hope they don't get the big head and start looking over teams and get knock out in region. I have seen it happen so many times it isn't funny. I really hope they don't because they will have a real good shot at bring another title back to the mountains and that what I would love to see. I just hope they can stay grounded and level head because the whole mountains will be cheer for them.

Most of these boys don't even get on here. So as far as listening to the hype, they don't have a clue about what is said on this site.
LCDAWGS19 Wrote:they cant be beat by anyone... probably not even UK. You guys are silly.

the only thing silly is this thread
I don't know about an all star team from the 15th beating SV, but I would think if you had the right coaching staff and a little time to work with the team you might be surprised. It could be done.

Heck, Knott County Central from the 14th region only lost to SV by 3 points.

Let me say this about Shelby Valley. They are a very good team, and being a mountain boy myself, I hope they win the state title. But I'm afraid when they get out into the rest of the state that they will have big trouble with a quite a few teams. They're the best team in the mountains, but it takes a lot more than that to get deep into the tournament at Rupp in March. Several of the big Louisville schools would give them fits with their size and quickness, as would Holmes, Scott County, and several more.
I'm not sure what the point of this thread is??? Is it that SV is that good? Or that the 15th is really bad?
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:I don't know about an all star team from the 15th beating SV, but I would think if you had the right coaching staff and a little time to work with the team you might be surprised. It could be done.

Heck, Knott County Central from the 14th region only lost to SV by 3 points.

Let me say this about Shelby Valley. They are a very good team, and being a mountain boy myself, I hope they win the state title. But I'm afraid when they get out into the rest of the state that they will have big trouble with a quite a few teams. They're the best team in the mountains, but it takes a lot more than that to get deep into the tournament at Rupp in March. Several of the big Louisville schools would give them fits with their size and quickness, as would Holmes, Scott County, and several more.

Are you new to EKY basketball? It was at KCC, the 3 point win is fine.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Are you new to EKY basketball? It was at KCC, the 3 point win is fine.
I've been around mountain basketball a LONG time. I was just making a point that the thread was about an all star team from the 15th not being able to beat Shelby Valley. Either the 15th is pretty weak or Shelby Valley is overpowering. Knott is from one school in one county in a region and almost beat them.

And I was told 13th region officials called the championship game. The game being at Knott should not have been that big of a factor.
Stardust Wrote:I'm not sure what the point of this thread is??? Is it that SV is that good? Or that the 15th is really bad?
Close it... nothing but foolishness. :eyeroll:
heard SV wanted to play Alice Lloyd and Pikeville College but both schools was afraid play them this season
mama cat Wrote:You are right. But I don't think it is the players that have the big head! The majority of these boys are good Christian young men and are very grounded in their relationship with God. I think it is the fans that get the big head and make arrogant statements that make it look bad on our boys. It is sad that they have to be looked down upon because of their fans comments. It is wonderful to believe in your team and to encourage them but it needs to be done in a tactful way showing good sportsmanship. SV is not a perfect team but they work very hard and have a great chemistry from playing together since they were very young and I just wish people could respect them and give them credit where credit is due instead of being jealous and hating them. They are just kids, and great ones at that. I was so hurt to see people from Pike Co. cheering against our boys during the GA game at the Expo. I thought it showed very poor taste. A very sad sight
!
this is true but i can compare MOST SV fans to DUKE fans annoying
the 1 the only Wrote:heard SV wanted to play Alice Lloyd and Pikeville College but both schools was afraid play them this season

Pikeville is one of the best teams in NAIA, they wouldn't even refuse to play UK. This comment isn't even closer to humorous.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Pikeville is one of the best teams in NAIA, they wouldn't even refuse to play UK. This comment isn't even closer to humorous.

they may not refuse to play UK but they would refuse to play the REAL WILDCATS at SV :flame:
Valley wont win the state tournament. Covington Holmes will beat them 20 when its all on the line in the state tournament. Come on, they barely beat Knott Central. They will take a loss at Perry Central at the end of the year.
warmachine Wrote:Valley wont win the state tournament. Covington Holmes will beat them 20 when its all on the line in the state tournament. Come on, they barely beat Knott Central. They will take a loss at Perry Central at the end of the year.

Holmes would be happy just to get to play the cats SV would win hands down how many players has Holmes got goin to powerhouse D1 schools like Louisville
Creeker Wrote:Close it... nothing but foolishness. :eyeroll:

I agree 100% !!!!!!!!!!!:Thumbs:
PC_You_Know Wrote:Are you new to EKY basketball? It was at KCC, the 3 point win is fine.

On a neutral floor, Valley wins that game by 20+.
Aslan Wrote:On a neutral floor, Valley wins that game by 20+.
Why would that make such a huge difference if 14th region refs weren't calling the game? The floor is the same size and the rims are 10 foot high, just like in Shelby Valley's gym.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Why would that make such a huge difference if 14th region refs weren't calling the game? The floor is the same size and the rims are 10 foot high, just like in Shelby Valley's gym.

The refs knew where they were at. I'm not a Valley or Knott fan, jus being honest. Valley got hosed and still won.
Aslan Wrote:The refs knew where they were at. I'm not a Valley or Knott fan, jus being honest. Valley got hosed and still won.

Dumbest thing I have ever read in my life