Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville Football 2005
I agree and also thanks #72.
DO NOT forget Jerry Holloway he has a good chance of starting at Linebacker nextyear and maybe even taking Manchilds position
Sasquatch72 Wrote:I think that it will be another good year for the panthers, i look for a lot of people to step up such as brad bryant, ted honaker, ryan shurtleff, jordan tibbs, danielle gillespie, and tim honaker as well

With Bryant, Gillespie, and Tibbs stepping up seems that the Panthers have a good line for years to come.
SuperMario Wrote:Pikeville will be about the same they always have been. They have a winning tradition. The linemen i agree need to get alot stronger. But, chase and weston arent the only two weapons you have? What about Sexton? Give him some credit. He made plays happen. The Honaker twins will be good later in the their career. They could step up this year and become a part of a good tradition. But, i see pikeville winning thier district. But not due to the talent, because of how weak their district is.

IMO i think sexton had an off year...and it seems he made more plays when Sword was QB. But he did have some good catches...but he needs to concentrate on the cornerback position. when it comes to those long hard games, we dont need to have huffman playing both sides of the ball like he did against williamsburg last year.
Sexton had a good year as far as im concerned..... He just started to hit the weights hard, so he could and should be a factor this up coming season....
Not only Sexton, but everyone thats not playing another sport right now is up there working their butts off in that weight room
That they are D30.......Salyers is having them do over 100 pushups everyday along with some heavyweight routines.......They are really breakin a sweat
Yeap i can tell livemaroon
i see them up there everyday and as i watch from the wosrt place i could
basketball practice lol
but i can really see that the team is working hard this off season
YOU HAVE NO IDEA hahaha
haha your right
but i can see it showing in all of the players! Big Grin
Coach Mac Wrote:WEAK dont make me laught
we have a very hard district
painstville a powerhouse and hazard returns everyone and south floyd is not bad
we have talent and we cna use it to win a hard distirict

Pikeville is in a WEaK district....don't make me laugh by thinking that the district you guys play in is strong .......It is everything BUT strong....To tell you the truth, the region next year will be pretty weak as well.....Somerset will STILL be down....Williamsburg thought about not even haveing a team next year....The only competition will be Lynn camp (possibly) and maybe Harlan( I don't exactly know if they lost anybody from last year)

Hazard returns?????what exactly is hazard returning from????They made no noise whatsoever last year....and paintsville....PLEASE.....paintsville is good.....but they are definately NOT a powerhouse...The only team that will be worth any hype next year is South Floyd...I think they will be #2 next year, next to pikeville of course.

Pikeville does have talent...They can do anything they put their minds to !!!
I agree mania. Thanks.
im pretty sure that harlan is losing quite a few seniors from what i remember
I dont know the number of players harlan is losing, but i know for a fact they are losing a key lineman in particular.
they are losing that stud lineman #60 he was incredible...........and actually i think that paintsville will be #2
well Paintsville played Pikeville a "decent" game last year, I think they lost by 3 tds? somebody correct me if im wrong, and it was at Pikeville. Plus Paintsville only lost 1 starter to pikevills 6 maybe? Sullivan, Gibson, "beaver", Shurtleff, Walls, anybody else?
Sorry buddy....the game was at paintsville last year....
and im pretty sure the score was 50-15 so thats a littler more than 3 td's
Yea, i was suprised they didn't play the JV near the end
liveMAROON Wrote:Offense:
RB: Weston Robinson
WR:Matt Sexton FB: Jerry Holloway WR:Chip Davis
TE:Tim Honaker/Champlain QB: Chase Huffman
T:Casey Rowe G:Brad Bryant C:Tyler Carter G:Will Lockhart T:Ryan M.
Defense:
DE:Ryan Maynard DT:Casey Rowe DT:Brad Bryant DE:Will Lockhart
LB: Jerry Holloway LB:The Honakers LB: Tyler Carter LB: Ryan Shurtleff
CB: Weston Robinson CB Sexton/Sword

FS: John Michael Mayo

Thats my views at this time

Posted Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:22 pm:

all that is true except Holloway can't keep his grades up and he never comes to Tuesday practices and the honakers don't play LB. Ted is a DT i think and Tim is a CB. Ryan Shurtleff will be the full back, and then maby McCoy as the back up but i doubt it.
but that is about like it

Posted Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:29 pm:

Jesus Shuttlesworth Wrote:well Paintsville played Pikeville a "decent" game last year, I think they lost by 3 tds? somebody correct me if im wrong, and it was at Pikeville. Plus Paintsville only lost 1 starter to pikevills 6 maybe? Sullivan, Gibson, "beaver", Shurtleff, Walls, anybody else?

Elkins, Perrish, Miller

Ummm no pikeville blew Paintsville outta the water last year! If i'm not mistaken it was 56 to like 16 i think. that's not a good game; that's a murder.
LOL...No kiddin
Lol it was a close game until the 2nd Q started
the boys in Maroon showed what they are made of
PantherBlitz42 Wrote:Lol it was a close game until the 2nd Q started
the boys in Maroon showed what they are made of

And kicked some A$$
Yea, Pikeville is returning most starters. Matt sexton will make some noise at reciever. Remember his catch againest beechwood? WOW
how can i forget.........nextyear beechwood better be ready for a closer game
IMO, If Pikeville has a new coach next year they will be playing for 3rd place in the district...Paintsville will be the favorite(whether you want to admit it or not Paintsville played Pikeville very close til the 4th quarter when they had three turnovers that led to Pikeville scores), South Floyd is my pick at #2, with Pikeville fighting for their playoff lives.
spxdad Wrote:IMO, If Pikeville has a new coach next year they will be playing for 3rd place in the district...Paintsville will be the favorite(whether you want to admit it or not Paintsville played Pikeville very close til the 4th quarter when they had three turnovers that led to Pikeville scores), South Floyd is my pick at #2, with Pikeville fighting for their playoff lives.

(edited for language)...close untill the end of the 1st quarter, till pikeville realized they couldn't just coast through this game they'd have to put out a lil effort. Pikeville came along in the 2nd quarter and started to kill paintsville. Yeah Paintsville lost 1 senior...but pikeville is still returning a strong line, and Helluva QB, along with a great TB. Pikeville will be the favorite and if not should be!
It is a sad day for pikeville football players..... Sad Sad Sad
why is that...?
countryboy, check your pm box.