Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County 60 Tolsia (WV) 51
This game was worse then what the score showed.
I agree
Nice game for LC
From what I heard on the radio the officials lost control of the game early.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
No, the refs didn't lose control. They let both sides PLAY instead of blowing the whistle like most refs do. Why do some of my fellow LC fans want to blame officiating so much? From what I saw last night, the Dawgs had a tough game against a very young Tolsia team. If Tolsia's leading scorer and star hadn't gotten injured in the 2nd quarter it may have been a different game. I believe when he went out Tolsia was on a run and had the lead and the game was tied at the half, wasn't it?

I have family across the river at Tolsia and this Tolsia team has like 6-7 freshman on varsity, a couple of sophomores, and a couple of juniors, with one senior from what I was told. It was a good win by LC, just enjoy it and try not to blame anything.
dawgeers Wrote:No, the refs didn't lose control. They let both sides PLAY instead of blowing the whistle like most refs do. Why do some of my fellow LC fans want to blame officiating so much? From what I saw last night, the Dawgs had a tough game against a very young Tolsia team. If Tolsia's leading scorer and star hadn't gotten injured in the 2nd quarter it may have been a different game. I believe when he went out Tolsia was on a run and had the lead and the game was tied at the half, wasn't it?

I have family across the river at Tolsia and this Tolsia team has like 6-7 freshman on varsity, a couple of sophomores, and a couple of juniors, with one senior from what I was told. It was a good win by LC, just enjoy it and try not to blame anything.

Well First off they have two seniors, one junior, one sophmore, and one freshmen that starts so i dont know were those six freshmen come from. Another thing is in the third 3rd period LC had 7 fouls Tolsia had 1 but im not here to complain my Dawgs won and thats all that matters. Also when the starters was in it was about a 15-18 point game late in the fourth. LC was clearly the better team and it is always tough to beat Tolsia at their home court no matter how good they are.
If you have nothing but opinions, you are making yourself less credible. Here is Tolsia's roster:

Jacob Copley...10th
Mackenzie Martin...9th
Shaylan Napier...11th
Virgil Salmons...11th
Jon Salmons...1th
Austin Brewer...9th
Matt Smiley...10th
Heath Stroud...12th
Billy Hall...12th
Terry Davis...9th
Morgan Stacy...9th
Ryan Salmons...11th
Jared Stroud...9th

Now, as for the starting lineup last night it was:

Virgil Salmons 11th
Jon Salmons 11th
Mackenzie Martin 9th
Heath Stroud 12th
Jacob Copley 10th

The top subs were:
Morgan Stacy 9th
Terry Davis 9th
Austin Brewer 9th

Now, get your information correct first before making LC fans look like they don't know what they are talking about. It doesn't take too long to look on the WV school sports site to find out rosters, schedules, etc.

And when Tolsia had their starters all in (before Copley got hurt and Martin got hurt/fouled out) it was a Tolsia lead and a tie at the half. I'm not taking up for Tolsia, but I am tired of hearing excuses from my fellow LC "fans" who think they get cheated all the time. The total fouls ended up pretty even. I was at the game and I had a GREAT seat, trust me. The reason the fouls was 7-1 in the 3rd quarter was because LC was getting after it more than Tolsia and was more physical resulting in more contact. When Tolsia fouled, they called it too.
dawgeers Wrote:If you have nothing but opinions, you are making yourself less credible. Here is Tolsia's roster:

Jacob Copley...10th
Mackenzie Martin...9th
Shaylan Napier...11th
Virgil Salmons...11th
Jon Salmons...1th
Austin Brewer...9th
Matt Smiley...10th
Heath Stroud...12th
Billy Hall...12th
Terry Davis...9th
Morgan Stacy...9th
Ryan Salmons...11th
Jared Stroud...9th

Virgil Salmons 11th
Jon Salmons 11th
Mackenzie Martin 9th
Heath Stroud 12th
Jacob Copley 10th

The top subs were:
Morgan Stacy 9th
Terry Davis 9th
Austin Brewer 9th

Now, get your information correct first before making LC fans look like they don't know what they are talking about. It doesn't take too long to look on the WV school sports site to find out rosters, schedules, etc.

And when Tolsia had their starters all in (before Copley got hurt and Martin got hurt/fouled out) it was a Tolsia lead and a tie at the half. I'm not taking up for Tolsia, but I am tired of hearing excuses from my fellow LC "fans" who think they get cheated all the time. The total fouls ended up pretty even. I was at the game and I had a GREAT seat, trust me. The reason the fouls was 7-1 in the 3rd quarter was because LC was getting after it more than Tolsia and was more physical resulting in more contact. When Tolsia fouled, they called it too.

I agree with you. Idk why everyone gets on here and starts making excuses after our games. It just makes our fanbase look bad. We won the game so what the point of getting on this site after the game and saying we got cheated when its not going to make a difference.
dawgeers Wrote:If you have nothing but opinions, you are making yourself less credible. Here is Tolsia's roster:

Jacob Copley...10th
Mackenzie Martin...9th
Shaylan Napier...11th
Virgil Salmons...11th
Jon Salmons...1th
Austin Brewer...9th
Matt Smiley...10th
Heath Stroud...12th
Billy Hall...12th
Terry Davis...9th
Morgan Stacy...9th
Ryan Salmons...11th
Jared Stroud...9th

Virgil Salmons 11th
Jon Salmons 11th
Mackenzie Martin 9th
Heath Stroud 12th
Jacob Copley 10th

The top subs were:
Morgan Stacy 9th
Terry Davis 9th
Austin Brewer 9th

When did I ever say we got cheated i was just stating facts. Was the foul count not 7 to 1 at one point in the third and the only reason Tolsia caught up in fouls was because they was down and had to foul. You talk about us whining you keep giving the excuse if copley wasn't hurt it could have been a different outcome. I think you might need to change your name to Rebelfan instead of dawgeers. Well since your aloud to make excuses im going to. Your lucky LC didnt shoot to their capable performance because Tolsia would have been in for a worse beating then what they got. Skaggs or West didnt shoot very well at all last night if they did i would have hate to have seen the score. Also as far as the freshmen thing went it looks like four contributed not six or seven big difference and only one really did anything Stacy hit a few three's. Others were just role players.
I have family at Tolsia and it hurts when people here in Lawrence County make them feel like 2nd class citizens, and from reading your replies you probably are one of those that do that. I even think there are some Fort Gay people that work in the Lawrence County school system and I think there even is a coach from Fort Gay that is at LC.

I've watched LC play this year and their shooting hasn't been great in any game I've watched. I felt that Tolsia played a good, physical defensive game. I felt that LC responded very well to that. It was something that LC needed to see early.

But to back up my statement of the Copley kid, I was told by family he was averaging 18.5 ppg. If we were to lose Lucas how much of a difference would it be? Pretty big.

Be proud of the win, but don't make it out to be that the refs were horrible and that the game wasn't even close when those that were there know better. That doesn't make you look any better.
a win against a rival on thier home floor?

I'll take it.

Good luck against Prestonsburg on Tuesday!
dawgeers Wrote:I have family at Tolsia and it hurts when people here in Lawrence County make them feel like 2nd class citizens, and from reading your replies you probably are one of those that do that. I even think there are some Fort Gay people that work in the Lawrence County school system and I think there even is a coach from Fort Gay that is at LC.

I've watched LC play this year and their shooting hasn't been great in any game I've watched. I felt that Tolsia played a good, physical defensive game. I felt that LC responded very well to that. It was something that LC needed to see early.

But to back up my statement of the Copley kid, I was told by family he was averaging 18.5 ppg. If we were to lose Lucas how much of a difference would it be? Pretty big.

Be proud of the win, but don't make it out to be that the refs were horrible and that the game wasn't even close when those that were there know better. That doesn't make you look any better.

Where did I ever disrespect anyone. You made it sound like Tolsia's freshmen was world beaters or something. I have respect for Tolsia they played hard and they battle on the boards better than any team we have faced so far in my opnion. Also i never blamed the refs i was just correcting you when you said it was pretty close all night because it wasnt but i expected that you should get the advantage when ur playing at home. But dont come on here and act like I was being disrespectful i was just answering your questions and it seems like you couldnt handle my come backs.
I apologize for saying you are disgracing Fort Gay, but some do in LC and that is wrong. I hear it a lot and heard it again before the game from LC people. I hurts because of my family is from Tolsia/Fort Gay. I had to hear some comments at the football game this year between LC and Tolsia about how "backwoods" and "redneck" Tolsia people were, and worse than that. It gets me very frustrated.

As for the game, where are you getting that it wasn't close? If I remember correctly, it was Tolsia 19-13 at the end of the first quarter and 27-27 tie at the half. Where is the "blow out" that you are talking about? LC was able to get separation in the 3rd quarter and it was during a stretch where Tolsia's leading scorer (Copley) and star freshman (Martin) were both out with injuries.

Since you said "on the road", are you saying that when another team comes in to LC and plays that they should be allowed to talk about officiating as a factor? I don't buy that argument at all. It isn't like officials go out and tell each other "hey, gotta give the home team some calls tonight".
dawgeers Wrote:No, the refs didn't lose control. They let both sides PLAY instead of blowing the whistle like most refs do. Why do some of my fellow LC fans want to blame officiating so much? From what I saw last night, the Dawgs had a tough game against a very young Tolsia team. If Tolsia's leading scorer and star hadn't gotten injured in the 2nd quarter it may have been a different game. I believe when he went out Tolsia was on a run and had the lead and the game was tied at the half, wasn't it?

Well to start with I wasnt blaming anyone I said the radio said that they were letting it get out of hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wasnt there so I didnt see it and only listened up until half way through the 2nd qtr.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Congrats LC
Has the transfer from Rose Hill got any playing time?
Congrats to Lawrence Co!!